in Louisiana near lafayette

denziebaby

5+ Year Member
Hey my name is Denzel and me and a friend of mine have are always tryin to find things to do out here with our cars. I know that its Louisiana and all and imports arent a big deal, everyone wants huge trucks but there has got to be something going on, n e body know of something???

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Huh?

o.O

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
I don't know what's going on in Lafayette, but you're mistakin' if you think imports aren't a big deal in Louisiana. I'm from Shreveport and right now I live in Baton Rouge, and in both places imports are everywhere. I really just wanted to tell you that. Sorry, but I don't know of any serious stuff like car shows or whatever. I do know of some drag strips though, and every so often there's a meet at Buffalo Wild Wings. I don't think you wanna drive all the way from Lafayette to BR for a BWW meet though. :( Imports might not be as big over here as in Miami for example, but that just comes with the territory. I mean really, what is as big over here as in a major city anyway. Your best bet is to keep your eyes open in the forums for meets that people are putting together in the surrounding area.

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
BR is only 45 minutes from laffy so its not bad at all..im from laffy and there are a few other import guys there, check out lafayettegearheads.com...its dead ryte now but when school starts up its picks up...just got started at the end of last semester and been tryin to put stuff together....so head over there and introduce urself....there is also a meet coming up(check out dirty south 3.0 on this board) where in laff do u live? and what do yall drive?

100% let us know when the bww meets are, im always in BR

mracer29

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im in lake charles and there aint s**t going on here. normaly on friday and saturday night every one sits in the albertson parking lot.

there is a car show at the lake charles civic center on like sept 9th.

denziebaby

5+ Year Member
I live at UPA apartments and ben went to acadiana high he lives out in scott. I drive a primered civic with the avenger kit and i have a hood scoop that isnt finished being fiberglassed and cut u may have seen my car it looks horrible right now because i dont have the time to bring it into the shop to finish up everything, but in a month or so it will be going 2 tone with graphics. and ben drives a 4 door civ with black rims like everyone else in lafayette with eyebrows on his aftermarket head lights. for some reason everyone has a black or silver car

orfus5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are quite a few meets that happen weekly here in BR.
as far as shows and stuff... cant recall the last one.
Every once in a while there will be one at that raceway in donaldsonville, or statecapital.

JCrimson

www.jcrimson.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man, i was there like 2 days ago. i went to the sushi bar you guys have there, sunamis. heard of it? my gf wanted to see my home state so... im from Alexandria. know about that? we should chill someitmes man. im always there.

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Denzie- dont no where upa aprts are, ill be liven in UC( or University House now). i drive the slow ass nca pearl(gold) 7thgen. my buddy dustin drives the black 7thgen wit black rims...did u used to park in legacy parking lot?

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
myinca said:
100% let us know when the bww meets are, im always in BR
cool. i don't know of a usual schedule, but when i know more i'll post.

orfus5 said:
There are quite a few meets that happen weekly here in BR.
hmm. well i'm not originally from BR so i don't know about those. where and when are they?

denziebaby

5+ Year Member
yea i did, i used to stay in legacy park across from the little food place i would always park in that handicap spot. UPA are those apartments on the other side of the washeteria near Stokes (the boys dorm next to Legacy) i will have to halla at u guys to see whats going on. You said u got a gold civic. ?with a kit?? i may have seen it in legacy parked on the back side? if that was u like a year ago thats a nice car u got

c0ld29

5+ Year Member
myinca, im ben (blacked out civic 4dr), do you have a kit on your car? i see a gold civic with a r34 kit always driving around gerard park/ULL area. and denzel, i thought we were getting you a CF hood instead of that ugly scoop? anyways i gotta pack, denzel give me a call if u talk to dan about those turbos

c0ld29

5+ Year Member
oh and not everyone in lafayette has a blacked out car, a few people just saw what they liked when i did it =) oh and also myinca does your friend have a r34 kit as well? I've seen a black 7th gen with black rims around with that kit, the r34 is too damn popular around here

orfus5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
100Percen% said:
cool. i don't know of a usual schedule, but when i know more i'll post.

hmm. well i'm not originally from BR so i don't know about those. where and when are they?
www.sportsnimports.com
its pretty much for all LA, and most of us are from around BR and close by. You will find a post about meeting places and times.

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
wow. great post. i've been looking for something like this for a while. thanks a lot. :thumbs up :headbang:

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah that was me parked in the back wit the octane/r34 kit and thanks for the compliments...nah the black 7thgen has the kaminari kit...ive only seen one other r34 in laff and it wasnt on a civic? but yeah im headin back tues so we all gotta meet up soon