In the market for a new alarm

Tmak

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My current prestige alarm is fugging up so I'm in the market for a new alarm.. need an upgrade anyways. In the market for an alarm/starter combo, currently looking at Compustar alarms but I'm getting confused throughout my research, Compustar hasn't updated their page much lately. A few alarms I'm looking at are 2WFMAS 2W8000AS 2W900FMAS What's the difference between these? I'm not even sure which remotes come with which alarm, I've looked up websites and all they do is post up two different remotes such as these

and the models aren't specified.

Thanks

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
same here.. i going to upgrade my alarm soon. i need something to monitor my car better. im getting the compustar also. they all are basically the same, they have the same feature.. the lcd is a little different. the FM frequency is different and the range is different. the higher models are newer and remote was slightly updated. i been reading up on it and people told me not to get the 2WSS-AS because they have a problem with arming/disarming upclose. the ones that come with a second remote is just a regular remote like the lcd remote but its just no lcd screen.
2WFMAS = 1500 feet
2W900FMAS = 3000 feet
2W8000FMAS = 5000 feet

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
good alarms, you will never regret having a pager alarm.........
i love mine with a passion, and the range is exquisite

Tmak

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not sure which models come with the newer updated remote, the grey one shown in the photo's above

I'd like to get one of the newer models ofcourse. the one which came out in late 2004

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
good alarms, you will never regret having a pager alarm.........
i love mine with a passion, and the range is exquisite
:werd:

s2l

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the gray alarm remote comes with the 2w900fm-A and 2w900FM-AS. Its the turbo timer version of that model. It also comes with a blue remote of the same design that was meant for adding two+ cars to the same remote vs having to use up one of your extra channels to operate the second car. Theyre both really good systems with better than decent range. I have the 2w900FM-AS in my EG personally.