injection problem?

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
for the past 2 months my 99 si has been feelin a little 'weak'. the oil is at the correct level, has recently had new 10w40 oil + hamp filter and ngk iridium plugs and wires.

when i acclerate, it sounds shitty (like the sound of the engine/exhaust is not in sync with the speed) and it acclerates a LOT slower than it used to.

whan could be the problem guys? my car sounds hurt and feels like its ill. :(

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

mark84

5+ Year Member
whens the last time you changed your air filter??? if so, get K&N!=) very niiiccee .. take care

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i would not doubt its a faulty injector or a faulty Throttle positioning sensor

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Whats a CEL

what kind of details. the mileage is almost at 50k. i dont abuse the car, i always let it warm up before driving it. if u need more info please let me know.

im worried that my car has lost its power. help me guys. :(
does it backfire at all? does it stutter at all when you get on it? do you hear any noises during acceleration or idle? do you notice a difference in gas mileage? etc.....

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
it stutters a lot in first gear, the gasmileage has gone really shitty i find my self filling up almost every day....when it gets to high rpms it makes a wierd noise, i dont know how to describe it, kinda like a hissing noise.

Eire13

5+ Year Member
Pull out a spark plug and look at it. If it is wet with gas, it is a vacuum leak. Then check all the vacuum lines on the intake manifold.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
every one over here uses 10w40 on ther b16's. i think our uk motor is built differently to the ones u guys get.

whats the diff between 10w40 and 5w30?
you should try 5w30... 10w40 is THICK.. those are mostly used on trucks.. if your oil is too thick, this might can be the problem.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
5w30 is used more over here because its good for cold weather, as well as warm.