Injector's DSM OR?????

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Ok here is the deal i dont want to run dsm injectors because i dont want to wire in a resistor box i would much rather have something plug and play or to just have to change the clips but also stay in the same price range of dsm injectors. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Google injector dynamics...

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why don't you want a resister box? Peak and hold injectors are the best IMO.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Why don't you want a resister box? Peak and hold injectors are the best IMO.
It's not that i don't want one its just that i don't no how to wire it up. So if i can get something more plug and play it would be a much better option for me. What do you mean by peak and hold injectors? This is my first boost build so don't no much about upgrading the fuel system only other things i have messed with are mini me swaps.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
i guess it'll have to really depend on your set up and how much power you plan to run..peak and hold injectors have less of a "on" time

each has their own advantages and disadvantage but I always use peak and hold injector's for less fuel lag and tunability

http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-articles/peak-hold-vs-saturated-injectors-30347/
Ok thanks for the info.

Here is my setup as in the motor i dont have all my turbo parts yet.

y7bottomend y8head
75.5mm vitara pistons
fj custom i beam rods
acl rod n main bearings
micropolished crank
cnc griddel notched
cosmetic headgasket
apr headstuds
head has been re built to oem spec
bisimoto adj cam gear
oem waterpump
oem oil pump
oem camseal
oem vtec solenoid gasket
lots of more oem parts

also when i did the first oil change there where some metal shavings in it not much but they looked pretty big if you ask me i would say about six total is this normal or is it the shop didnt clean it well enough after the machine work?

yangstylz

a rebuilt engine will have a lot of metal shavings that is why you change the oil very frequently. 50 miles, 150 miles, 500, 1000 and then is start doing the regular 3000 mile oil changes with full synthetic or whatever you are planning on using.

to answer ur question, I was a bit skeptical about the dsm Injectors myself but t was a pretty simple install. I used the inline 10watt 10ohm Injectors from radio shack and just spliced them inline. there are a lot of write ups floating around, just google them.

my car starts up in a second now compared to the usual 2-4 second crank which is weird and doesn't really mater but just making a note of that. if you can find precision 440s for 150 bucks I'd snag those though.

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Injector Dynamics.... originally went with a DSM resistor box and blue tops, but...

1. They're old and used. If you get them, get them professionally cleaned. This was my mistake.. had a clogged injector and was a PITA to figure out why the car was running strange. Plus clogged injector = less fuel = running lean = possibility to ruin your motor.

2. Wiring... not hard, but unless you're crafty it doesn't look as pretty with all those wires going to a little metal box.

... So I went out and got Injector Dynamics injectors... I LOVE them. No issues, no resistor box needed, and they were new so I knew I wouldn't have to worry about them being clogged or damaged etc.