install a hydraulic clutch in a civic

kingpin45

5+ Year Member
I am trying to find out what i need to install a hydraulic clutch in a civic. Do i use a slave cylinder and pedal from a civic and a master cylinder from a prelude. I am swaping a H22 in my EG that is know a auto. What kind of hoes do i need. Any help would be great. I have done alot of searchs but can not find anything.

Fujiwara Tofu

needs soy sauce
5+ Year Member
Have you gone to your local library and checked out the chiltons and haynes manuals for your car? Those books tell you how to take apart and install/re-install just about every component for your vehicle. Not only that they name all of the parts, etc. I hope this helps.

kingpin45

5+ Year Member
Fujiwara Tofu said:
Have you gone to your local library and checked out the chiltons and haynes manuals for your car? Those books tell you how to take apart and install/re-install just about every component for your vehicle. Not only that they name all of the parts, etc. I hope this helps.
I know what parts i need just trying to find out if i use a prelude master cylinder or civic for my swap

Fujiwara Tofu

needs soy sauce
5+ Year Member
depending on the version of the book, they will have the part number in there for you already. Usually the large Chilton books have them.

kingpin45

5+ Year Member
Fujiwara Tofu said:
depending on the version of the book, they will have the part number in there for you already. Usually the large Chilton books have them.
Yes i have all manuel for my car and yes it tells me about the clutch but i am putting an H22 in which has a hydrolic trany so i am trying to figure if i need prelude master cylinder or can i get one for a civic and make it work

t3t4h22

BUY MY HATCH!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kingpin45 said:
Yes i have all manuel for my car and yes it tells me about the clutch but i am putting an H22 in which has a hydrolic trany so i am trying to figure if i need prelude master cylinder or can i get one for a civic and make it work
here is some help bro---i have this swap in my car... you can use the civic pedal/ master cylinder/ reservoir
you will need the prelude hose from either the junction block on the firewall or from the master cylinder---
the only trick is the clutch slave cylinder---there are clearence issues with civic radiator fans- the bleeder valve sometimes hits from the lude slave--- so either you can use the clutch slave from the civic and a slim puller fan, or you can use the lude slave cylinder if you switch to a pusher fan..... good luck, and if you have any questions, the answers for this swap WONT be in chilton or haynes, so you can hit me up... =)

kingpin45

5+ Year Member
t3t4h22 said:
here is some help bro---i have this swap in my car... you can use the civic pedal/ master cylinder/ reservoir
you will need the prelude hose from either the junction block on the firewall or from the master cylinder---
the only trick is the clutch slave cylinder---there are clearence issues with civic radiator fans- the bleeder valve sometimes hits from the lude slave--- so either you can use the clutch slave from the civic and a slim puller fan, or you can use the lude slave cylinder if you switch to a pusher fan..... good luck, and if you have any questions, the answers for this swap WONT be in chilton or haynes, so you can hit me up... =)
I am going to go w/ pusher and stock radiator (for now). Also i been checking w/ salvage yards and one guy said that all the pedals are together on one peice to mount and master cylinder / resover for $100 the slave cylinder comes w/ the swap so i just need the hydrolic hose from a preludes master clinder to the slave cylinder. Does all the sound right. Just curious what kind of clutch are you running thanks :lol:

t3t4h22

BUY MY HATCH!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds right, that should do it...as far as clutch, im running an ACT stage 2 six puck clutch with an 11.8 LB flywheel...
i just posted a mods list up--take a look at it... good luck, if you need help, hit me back, love to help.

Spoon'dOut

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you are swapping a prelude motor use prelude parts, they are engineered to work together, not miss match parts.

t3t4h22

BUY MY HATCH!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Spoon'dOut said:
If you are swapping a prelude motor use prelude parts, they are engineered to work together, not miss match parts.
not to step on toes, but....READ THE WHOLE THREAD.BEFORE COMMENTING- i have physically gone through all this, dont know if you have, but.....

saying not to mix and match HONDA s**t is absurd- im sure if SPOON told you it was OK, youd do it...

HEY GUYS.... dont mix and match B20 blocks and VTEC heads- cause there not engineered to work together- f**k ALL THAT

post a mod list Spoon'dOut, lets see if you have miss matched anything- or is it stock? w/ SPOON stickers?

:lame :ban: :wtf:

kingpin45

5+ Year Member
t3t4h22 said:
not to step on toes, but....READ THE WHOLE THREAD.BEFORE COMMENTING- i have physically gone through all this, dont know if you have, but.....

saying not to mix and match HONDA s**t is absurd- im sure if SPOON told you it was OK, youd do it...

HEY GUYS.... dont mix and match B20 blocks and VTEC heads- cause there not engineered to work together- f**k ALL THAT

post a mod list Spoon'dOut, lets see if you have miss matched anything- or is it stock? w/ SPOON stickers?

:lame :ban: :wtf:[/Q
How does that 6 puck ACT clutch work on the steet. And are there any sites you recoment for part like gaskets water pumps timing belt etc. And man i just was checking out your car pics that thing is sick i hope to one day be worthy my H22 is in transit!!

t3t4h22

BUY MY HATCH!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How does that 6 puck ACT clutch work on the steet. And are there any sites you recoment for part like gaskets water pumps timing belt etc. And man i just was checking out your car pics that thing is sick i hope to one day be worthy my H22 is in transit!!

this clutch is very streetable- i picked it because its firm but easy to control on the street and i dont drag race that much :bs:
good luck with your H22 bro- just build it right, youl love it in the long run... 8)