Installed front camber kit, feels weird... Help!

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Last night I installed the camber kit, took it for a test run and the steering feels sluggish, like when I initiate any movement (either left or right) on the wheel, it wants to go more on that same direction on its own. It doesn't feel weird... Well, I've ben driving this car for 6 years now on stock UCA and it feels really weird, I don't feel safe turning, accelerating, or ever breaking hard.... What could it be?

I know I tightened the bolts inside the engine bay, loctite on the adjustment screws, upper ball joint nut tightened and cotter pin installed, lug nuts tightened... What could it be?

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
What is the camber set at? Camber will effect the way the car turns because when your wheels turn, the outside wheel will lose camber and the inside wheel will gain camber.

00_jdm_em1

xREDLINE EM1x
When you install a camber kit it also effects the tow, you will have to take your car to an alignment shop and have your front end aligned. The car will handle like s**t until you have it aligned, it will also wear your tires super fast. Couple hundred miles and you will be showing wires.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think it's the toe angle .. Plus the fact that I've driven the car the way it was for a years so its a noticeable difference on its own but yeah, imma take it for an alignment. Thanks

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ANY time you touch or replace any suspension component, whether it be a balljoint or a shock, you should be getting an alignment. when coilovers are installed and your ride height changes.. you toe will also change and go out of spec, every single time. and even if your wheel is straight or the car drives straight, i can guarantee the toe spec is out. so with saying that, go get an alignment! and get your camber and toe adjusted. a 4 wheel alignment is best, so i'd advise you get a rear camber kit as well, especially if you are substantially low

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally got it fixed. It WAS the toe (FL:-1.90° , FR:-1.55°) . Thanks you guys.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally got it fixed. It WAS the toe (FL:-1.90° , FR:-1.55°) . Thanks you guys.