installing 2 additional speakers. total 6 speakers.

Fantom_Phury

4 Doors = Mo' Hoes
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im a hardcore audiophile and wanted to get the most out of a system that a civic can get. is it worth throwing an extra pair of speakers into the rear doors of a sedan? ::same position as the ones on the passanger and driver side:: and if so, how would i go about wiring that? new amp i suppose too.

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As a "Hardcore" audiophile, you would probably already know that the most important thing is staging and imaging. So you would already know that putting speakers in your back door would offer nothing to your imaging. The only thing you will accomplish is making your car louder, which has nothing to do with being an audiophile.
The more speakers is not always the better, a high end component,(two way or three, and I said component) in the front door is the first step.
Hardcore audiophiles would then seek a very good amp, and no Audiobahn is not a choice.
McIntosh, Zapco, Arc, old school Xtant,PPI And Butler are all great choices. Oh yea even an old Soundstream class A

Round your amp choice off in a two channell or a four (if you prefer rear fill) and get to fiberglassing, cuz everybody knows hondas have the worst staging issue on the planet.
And now go get yourself a good sub amp and an sq woofer to round out your audiophile system.

Hey if you get carried away and want more speakers go get yourself a dvd player center channell and a 5.1 processor..

But if you are a "novice" to this hobby, go ahead and cut your back doors and add some speakers

Fantom_Phury

4 Doors = Mo' Hoes
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like a good plan, ill start with the amp issue and new head unit. fiberglassing...hmmm, sounds like a big step, but its quite ok. ill look into that

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Fantom_Phury said:
sounds like a good plan, ill start with the amp issue and new head unit. fiberglassing...hmmm, sounds like a big step, but its quite ok. ill look into that
If you are interested I do beleive that q-logic makes custon kicks for your car way better imaging

Fantom_Phury

4 Doors = Mo' Hoes
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
snoopy316 said:
If you are interested I do beleive that q-logic makes custon kicks for your car way better imaging
definently interested. imma try chekin that out

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those Q-Logic kick panels are the most annoying thing ever IMO....sure they give you some better staging, but they also elimate half of the foot room in the car.