XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Soo I might be picking up a turbo from another CC user, I just have to get intercooler, BOV, and injectors which isn't bad at all. Anyways, if I were to bring it somewhere to get everything installed, how long would it take and how much $ would it cost?

Orr, how hard is it to DIY. I heard it's a pain in the ass.. Any thoughts?

EDIT:

Also, is this: Ebay Link <---Click
reliable or would it be horrible to get?

junior h.m

5+ Year Member
its not hard search around and their should be a DIY if your good with mechanic skills and have patince your good to go and some buddies with good car and mechanic skills your good to go just go get it tuned dont do it yourself unless you know

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you dont know, dont it. do the research (lots of it) and figure things out. taking it somewhere isn't a good idea, just bc they are a mech, doesn't mean they know how to install your turbo on your app and so on. plus, they will charge you up the ass. UNLESS its somewhere specifically for turbo, sc, nos, and aftermarket type s**t. they might know, but might now.

i vote diy and do it right. it will save you money.

Dirtydserieswot

5+ Year Member
its super simple except tapping the oil pan you need to weld a bung into it so bring it to a welder orrr do it ghettos and jb weld.. im guilty of doing this a few times :(

to get a good idea of what goes where and how goto www.homemadeturbo.com and go to the turbo projects and read the lil articles they have u will get a sense of how and where everyhting goes.. the tech and f&q section is quite nice also .. just dont goto the forum bunch of assholes htere lol just warning you

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
XpL0d3r said:
Soo I might be picking up a turbo from another CC user, I just have to get intercooler, BOV, and injectors which isn't bad at all. Anyways, if I were to bring it somewhere to get everything installed, how long would it take and how much $ would it cost?

Orr, how hard is it to DIY. I heard it's a pain in the ass.. Any thoughts?
www.turbod16.com
www.homemadeturbo.com
www.d-series.org

you really shouldn't be turbo charging your car if you don't have the knowledge behind it.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Id get it done somewhere. Im not trying to be an ass, but it doesnt seem like you'd be capable to do the job. If you wanted to reasearch it first and learn about it, then attempt it, fine - but at the current state just have someone else put it on.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
Id get it done somewhere. Im not trying to be an ass, but it doesnt seem like you'd be capable to do the job. If you wanted to reasearch it first and learn about it, then attempt it, fine - but at the current state just have someone else put it on.
:word:

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
:werd:

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Curious as to why people use DSM Injectors and 3 bar maps??? Is it pricing (injectors)? And high boost (3 bar map)?

vejita1283

import mechanic and racer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
normally, if you got all the parts and s**t, take about 8 hours to install and configure the set up. normally cost around $1500 for labor costs. depends on the technician and what not