Installing an O2 sensor, plese help!!

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys so I know i have to install a o2 sensor which I did since I got one from advance that cost me $77, now my question is, My downpipe has two 02 sensors bug,
Do I need to install two of them, one that suppose to be the factory one (the one I just bought) and another one for tunning? or the one that I got in advance be good enought for the tunning?

Also is the one that I got in advance good enougth or I should have got a better one? I just got it as a factory replacement one.

Almighty-Si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The one you got isnt good enough for tuning. You will need a wideband 02 for tuning your motor.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
most newer cars have O2 sensors before and after the cat. i personally would just have one after the cat and plug the one before it up.

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
^^^^^ yes what he said, and for tuning you'll need a wideband 02 sensor, controller, software, chipped, or flashed ecu, ETC

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
on 99 civic ex's dont they have two 02 sensors??? So the area between the outlet and the end of the piece theres an 02 bung on the other side. is that legitamite to use that stock bung on there??? Check it out

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah it is......Can i run that on my civic, cuz i also have a Stainless DSM flange that i can weld my own downpipe to.....I just figured i can use that and run my downpipe to the bottom of that 02 housing....is that possible???

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes you can put the o2 sensor in the o2 dsm arm. it's a bit close for my tastes (too close the turbo and you risk overheating the sensor) but i suppose that's how dsm run them so

-Luke

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah thats what i was thinking......I dont want to burn threw it. Should i plug that O2 bung up and drill my own or would u recomend just using that. and with OBD2 cars doesnt it have (2) O2 sensors??? I read that on a forum somewhere.......What would u guys do in this situation, run the stock O2 port or make my own????

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and im in search for a downpipe to hook up to the O2 housing and a compressor j-pipe if anyone has one....or know where to get one

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah dont have those kinda funds at the moment or else i would. what would be my best bet at to what i already have.......what would be a better setup, run the 02 sensor off the DSM 02 housing or make my own on the DP....and again dont OBD2 hondas have two 02 sensors in the exhaust, one on the headers and one in the exhaust>??? or am i wrong.

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what management are you going to be running? stock obd2 checks for 2 sensors, obd1 checks for 1. with any decent ecu management you can choose to run in open loop which basically tells the ecu to not look for an o2 sensor.

-Luke

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
most newer cars have O2 sensors before and after the cat. i personally would just have one after the cat and plug the one before it up.

I think you mean only one before the cat. That one is used for the air/fuel calculations, the o2 after the cat is only a check sensor to make sure the Cat is doing its job.

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So if i have a 16g turbo and i have a DSM 02 housing with the 02 sensor right on the 02 housing and is like 4 inches from the exhaust outlet.........Would u suggest me using that port, ( i was affraid it might get to hott there) where would be my best place to plug my 02 sensor, on the 02 housing or plug that one up and fab one into the downpipe? would it matter?