Installing new clutch!

Blue_EF

5+ Year Member
I replaced my starter thinking the grinding noise was the starter stuck in the flywheel, nope. My bearing is going bad in my clutch so i ordered a new XTD stage 1 clutch kit off ebay.

my mechanic friend always did my major replacements but its on me this time..

Any help and suggestion would be appreciated!

Attachments

Blue_EF

5+ Year Member
Installing a new clutch on a 95 civic d15b7 manual.

I was hoping for someones suggested write up on the install..or some tricks and tips along the way.

Mr. Baker thanks for the reply, mucho helpful.

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When I swapped my clutch, i used the DIY someone had posted online. A Haynes manual also helped. Do you all the tools required for the install?

dancam

Registered VIP
When I swapped my clutch, i used the DIY someone had posted online. A Haynes manual also helped. Do you all the tools required for the install?
He doesn't. Tools required for a newbie to change a clutch include a haynes manual. Its like $20 and has step by step instructions with pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
He doesn't. Tools required for a newbie to change a clutch include a haynes manual. Its like $20 and has step by step instructions with pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
or at least have access to the internet

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Easiest thing that trips up first timers... Take out both axles and the intermediate shaft or else it will be almost impossible to get back in on your own and make sure you have 2 jacks, one for the motor and another for the trans raising and lowering it.

Other than that, remove the stuff you need to, follow torque specs upon re-install and get your flywheel resurfaced at the very least.

Blue_EF

5+ Year Member
Thanks obracer12.. after hitting a stubborn axle nut with pb blaster I finally got it off yesterday without having to grind it off.

I have some suspension knowledge just not trans or ripping a bunch of bolts out. Kinda scary and frustrating but I got it done in a day and a half. I had to replace axle today to get the axle back in the trans. I did not get the flywheel serviced but gave it a light sanding. It wasn't in too bad of shape.

Now that I have the clutch, pressure plate and bearings installed as well as cleaned inside trans case, greased fittings..

I put n it in first gear and engaged the clutch to roll foward and hear a noise..sounds like new brake pads and rotors being used for the first time.. a sand papery noise when releasing clutch in gear. I'm thinking the flywgeel and clutch pad have to wear together.