Installing Radio Problems...Help Needed ASAP

CivicFreak26

Human Powered is teh best
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o mannn i do this for a living at circuit city
and you my friend need to take that to your local circuit city or best buy because if you've never done this before your no going to figure it out by reading forums
let a train professional take care of it for you

some one cut the factory harness and wired up your alpine radio harness to your car harness which it would work but takes extra time to do it

hook up your acc wire(red) with your power wire (yellow) together and ground your black one and check your radio fuse to see if this solves your problem if not take it to someone

im sure if he wanted to he could figure it out with a little net research....giving that its pretty much common sense to install a head unit...match the wires to a wiring diagram...if you cant do that then idk maybe you should be letting circuit city handle it... as i sometimes like to think everyone can do this but sometimes im proven wrong. in no words am i trying to call anyone stupid..that wasn't intended...i just think he shouldn't be told leave it to the pros....a little reading goes a long way. idk i like DIY myself, not to mention you save a few bucks and learn something useful.

CivicFreak26

Human Powered is teh best
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh, snap! lol it works!!!!! ur the man. AFter changin the fuse under the hood and hookin Yellow & Red, my head unit is FINALLY on! So I should keep yellow & red wire together like that? What about Factory Radio Switched 12V+ : Yellow/Red wire? leave it unconnected? Thanks! im very happy =)
nice job... figured if it wasnt the fuse a little reading would do you good. and had a site to suggest if needed

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i dont think you should keep the yellow and red together....wouldnt that just give the cd player power all the time.....which would drain his battery?