insurance money

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just got my insurance money for my accident that i got into recently. i wanted to know if i could just buy a aftermakert bumper and keep the rest for myself??? has anibody done that before?? will the insurance find out?? sorrie if the pics dont come up..haha..still a noob...at posting pics..haha..

[/URL][/IMG]

=http://www.theimagehosting.com]
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
theres also the fram is bent...on the left rear...u can see the little gap..it doesnt look that big..but..it is...

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i guess it all depends on your ins companies guidlines.....but I think as long as you pay your deductible you should be ok. If you pocketed all the money and didnt fix your car then thier might be a problem with that but just make sure you test fit all your aftermarket pieces cus they are off sometimes.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my deductible was waved...

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have kept it all and fixed it myself twice.. Never any problems at all.

sr90civic

5+ Year Member
thats a good idea , they cant hit you on it because all you did was fix the problem , after all they never specified about you buying a "stock " bumper or else then it would be different

mienboiracer209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you planning on getting a bodykit or just an aftermarket bumper??...sorry, that wasnt clear to me..

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they cant do s**t! u dont even have to fix it!! its not like they made an appointment to come and look at it

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm just got a estimate for around 300 so sounds good....i'm gonna try some other places..too..but i'm getting the aftermarket bumper...not dealer

birde427

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea man do that up i got an aftermarket front and rear bumper for like 100 bucks and the insurance company gave me like 400 bucks to fix it. i just kept the rest for myself.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anibody know how to remove oil stains from your car??? i've got smears on my bumper that i just got .

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmoua said:
anibody know how to remove oil stains from your car??? i've got smears on my bumper that i just got .
goo joo hand cleaner...the one with the white container or 3M rubbing compound

ventturei26

Capt. Fuse
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
insurance company wont do anything but then again it will cost u about the same to get the bumper and paint it to your color, so they wont even give it a second thoguht if u pocket the money

mienboiracer209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
unless you got friends that own their own paintshops...or a friend that can rent out a paint booth to paint it...lol...:lol: