Intake and TB interchange for Fuel Efficieny??

kwtorbe

5+ Year Member
Alright I know this is better on gassavers.org but I want to ask more honda guys even if you don't agree with why I would want to do this....

I want to put the smaller ported d15z1 intake on my d16y5.

"The ports won't be the same....but I like port gasket matching on aluminum (cast iron sux though) and it will bolt on. I want a d15z1 because it has the EGR valve like my d16y5 and the smaller ports which means better low end torque and worse overall power. mass flow=velocity * area or Q=VA....decrease the area increases the velocity for low end but also increases constriction so it hurts high rpm power.... I will also have to adapt the throttle body unless anyone can telll me if my ecu will recognize the sensors on the smaller d15 TB with smaller injectors as well.....I know people increase TB size and injector size for more power....if I decrease the TB size and injector size will it run right? I want Fuel Efficiency and I know it will hurt power....."

So does a d16 have the correct Fuel and Air mixture with the smaller d15 throttle body and the d15 injectors?

Are d15 and d16 injectors the same? If so what size?

Will the d16 TB bolt on to the d15 intake?

Thanks and please keep the criticism to a moderate extent.

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As far as I know, the injector sizes are 240cc. But, you'll need the d15 ecu.

kwtorbe

5+ Year Member
thanks...good to know. I think I will stick with the d16 Throttle Body (TB), injectors, and sensors (iacv) in that case.

So does the d16 TB bolt to the d15 with minor porting of the Inner Diameter of the intake surface?

Dante S.

Luv 2 Stock Rides
5+ Year Member
I think that you only will need to port it like 3mm or less...