Intake filter recommendations!!!!

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
umm, K&N and AEM are completely different designs...
K&N makes AEMs filters. at least last i knew they did

Is fram really that bad? or is it just because its sold at Kragen/Autozone/Pep Boys?

I use Fram oil filters and not a single problem from them.
fram filters are very cheaply made with a paper filtration system. most oil filters use this design, but frams filtration sucks.

z6_ftw

pimp fo sho
5+ Year Member
I am a big fan of the ARC airbox/filter

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Uni makes foam filters.

http://www.unifilter.com/online catalog/automotive.html

but first, is your current filter washable?

On a Y7, I'd just wash it then test it with a leaf blower. If it falls apart when you go WFO on the leaf blower then, it is not washable and you can spend your money on a new one. If it flows freely, then you're good to go and can save your money for your DOHC swap.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
then why give a s**t about the filter right now? f**k dude, save your money and get the swap already.
Because I still want to care for the motor and not treat it like trash. When I end up selling the car, I dont want to sell it swapped.
My current filter looks old and beat up, also when I get the swap, I can re use the filter.
Oh, and does getting the 9" AEM filter offer any benefits over the 5" version?
???

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Because I still want to care for the motor and not treat it like trash. When I end up selling the car, I dont want to sell it swapped.
My current filter looks old and beat up, also when I get the swap, I can re use the filter.

???
Get a K&N and just make sure you maintain it.