Intake for civic yet?

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
Just wondering if any of you guys had tried to install an intake for ur 06 civic? How does it feel?

bboylocob

keep ur pimp hand strong
5+ Year Member
Steven5210 said:
Just wondering if any of you guys had tried to install an intake for ur 06 civic? How does it feel?

i installed my aem intack on my 06 civic si.its not hard just aggravating.

briandc1

vroom.
5+ Year Member
I saw that Injen released a SRI for the 06si. is there any idea when they may release a CAI perhaps even for the EX? I looked into getting the Fujita but im one to try to stick to name brand because im sure of the quality for the quantity. Do you think Injen will make a CAI compatible with the R18? in basically just awaiting AEM or Injen. oh how nice it would be for a V2 =)

browneye

you know a butthole!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does installing an intake void the warranty? My little bro just brought home his SI and he is worried about voiding the warranty but want's to install an intake. Just curious.

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
browneye said:
Does installing an intake void the warranty? My little bro just brought home his SI and he is worried about voiding the warranty but want's to install an intake. Just curious.
That's what I'm wondering too. I know that messing around with the electronics (i.e. DYI alarm system) can void the warranty from what the dealership told me.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you think it might void the warranty... just remove it before you bring the car in for service. ;)

Also, never throw away an airbox for your car unless it's completely trashed. Replacing the aftermarket intake with the stock airbox will make your car quieter and more appealing the the people who might be interested in buying your car.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
If you think it might void the warranty... just remove it before you bring the car in for service. ;)

Also, never throw away an airbox for your car unless it's completely trashed. Replacing the aftermarket intake with the stock airbox will make your car quieter and more appealing the the people who might be interested in buying your car.
True true. I never throw out my OE parts.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah... I still have my stock airbox back in DE (the same one I tried tp persuade my mom and stepdad to send out to me when my car was stolen and the intake stolen, thus making my car run crappy... but my stepdad told my mom it wasn't worth the $32 to ship it to me...). Now I have a friend of mine begging for mine. I don't know though... I might want it in the future and so I'm really hesitant to give it away, or even to sell it (they're expensive new and hard to find used it seems).