intake manifold bouncing idle problem

king_etho

ive brought a skunk2 pro intake manifold for my ek cxi civic..its together and when it starts up it idles perfectly after warming up, the idle starts to bounce to around 2000 and back down to normal idle revs, and it just keeps doing that. ive replaced the map sensor and the tps..ive blocked up the iac valve because my car does not have one. what could be the problem? thanks
there also no vacuum leaks

Javier.San1993

Is it brand new? Clean your throttle body, that's the only thing I can see that might help since you don't have and IACV to clean out....

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

king_etho

Is it brand new? Clean your throttle body, that's the only thing I can see that might help since you don't have and IACV to clean out....

yeah it is. ive taken the throttle body off pulled it apart and cleaned it.. didnt help
thanks mate

RonJ

Banned
Have you bled the cooling system?

Have you tried adjusting the idle speed as described in the service manual?

Does the 2-wire ECT sensor under the distributor have the proper resistance?

Did you calibrate the TPS?

king_etho

Have you bled the cooling system?

Have you tried adjusting the idle speed as described in the service manual?

Does the 2-wire ECT sensor under the distributor have the proper resistance?

Did you calibrate the TPS?
ive bleed the cooling system but ill do it again.

how can i calibrate the TPS? and do i need a multimeter to check the resistance.. if so what should it read?

RonJ

Banned
The TPS is calibrated by measuring voltage using a multimeter. Adjust the TPS output voltage to read 0.5V when the throttle is closed. Then check the voltage at WOT. It should read approximately 4.5V.
=======================================================
Bleeding the cooling system may take 20-30 minutes.

1) Park the car on an inclined driveway with the front end higher than the rear.

2) Push/turn the dash heater lever/knob to MAX heat. Fan need not be on.

3) Follow the directions in the diagram below

king_etho

The TPS is calibrated by measuring voltage using a multimeter. Adjust the TPS output voltage to read 0.5V when the throttle is closed. Then check the voltage at WOT. It should read approximately 4.5V.
=======================================================
Bleeding the cooling system may take 20-30 minutes.

1) Park the car on an inclined driveway with the front end higher than the rear.

2) Push/turn the dash heater lever/knob to MAX heat. Fan need not be on.

3) Follow the directions in the diagram below

bled the cooling system, nothing happened, if anything it made it idle higher.. i dont have a multimeter so i cant check the tps

Zedicous

ive brought a skunk2 pro intake manifold for my ek cxi civic..its together and when it starts up it idles perfectly after warming up, the idle starts to bounce to around 2000 and back down to normal idle revs, and it just keeps doing that. ive replaced the map sensor and the tps..ive blocked up the iac valve because my car does not have one. what could be the problem? thanks
there also no vacuum leaks
You need an IACV.

Javier.San1993

Yeah.... I was so confused by why you didn't have one.... maybe the reason is because you're missing it.... lol