intake questions

kuruptedkustoms

5+ Year Member
i know here has been many forums about this but to me it sounds like nobody knows what they are talking about so i know the different styles of intakes help different think i was reading on arc site that ram intake helps low end and short ram helps top end???? anyone know anything like this? :what:

Riseagain97

I get lost in your eyes..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well in genral sense the length of the tube effecnts the power band. Short ram helps the higher HP but the longer tube helps with torque it all depends on the aplication. Just like putting tall or short stacks on an ITB setup sorta fine tuning

civickid81290

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have had both short ram and cold air in my car and notice a big difference with the cold air. Just watch out for that water.

HARMON

N/A RACING
5+ Year Member
yea but you really wanna trust the life of your engine to a "sock" theres better alternatives for keepin water out of your cold air

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you have to be driving thru a creek or really deep puddle or something to get that thing to suck enough water out... if the filter is partially submerged it will not suck up water. maybe a drop or so but not enough. the air above water will go in first. the filter would have to be fully submerged in order for water to be sucked up.

so as long as you dont 4X4 your civic your fine. or if theres a hurracaine in the making and water is flooding dont drive thru wait for others first lol.