intake?????????'s

adams00civic

00civic
5+ Year Member
okay i installed my new intake, on the stock intake system there was two hoses hooked on plus the sensor, on my new intake there is a place for the sensor and one place for a hose.
my ? is which hose hooks on to my new intake and what do i do with the other hose?????????

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one is vac hose from your valve cover. one is for your IAT sensor. search next time dude. really easy.

adams00civic

00civic
5+ Year Member
i know wat they are
i need to know which one to put on my new intake there is two hoses that were on my stock intake, and only one place to put a hose on my new intake

Last edited:

mpaired_7126

5+ Year Member
the hose that connect to the valve cover goes to the intake and i have no clue of the other hose that ur talking bout. what motor do you have btw?

HONDA_CIVIC_EJ8

5+ Year Member
i had the same problem. i bought a cheap intake from auto zone and it only had a nipple and one hole in it and i saw i had 2 hoses and a sensor on the stock one so i returned it and bought one that was made for my car. your gonna have to drill a hole into the intake because your gonna need to put them all in the intake.

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you really need to post pictures of what you're talking about, because i cant picture what you're trying to explain.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im gettin sick of these dumb ass threads. OP. seriously? you cant google?

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh s**t i had the same problem.. i got an intake just like that.... pulled a superman and drove it thinking it was okay not connecting one of the hoses... and within 10 minutes of driving smelled my engine buring to s**t.
i got another one off ebay... i kno... shut up pple... its just metal.
for 50 inc. shipping their seller tag is http://myworld.ebay.ca/eautotuning/
little slow... almost 2 weeks, but packaged great.
DONT TRY AND RUN IT W/O ALL HOSES CONNECTED.

EDIT- i also drive a D16y8 i feel your pain. lol.