Intakes........

HoNdAbOy04X

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive heard alot of people talking about how they can make a intake themselves and make it preform as well as a new AEM v2. I dont think its possible. If you can prove me wrong, just post so info on building a good intake. Thax.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude,u serious,this thread is worthless!

!!!!

!
!
!
!

Last edited:

SpoonFedRexSi

Droppin' a Deuce
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha.... owned. It's called buy a $5 U-pipe, do some cutting and there you go.

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a home made SRI =D works just the same as the aem sri i bought for my accord when i had it...

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its a piece of pipe and a filter. no amount of brand name stickers can make it flow any better, nor how much it costs.

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd have to agree with handlebars on this. If having a homemade intake bugs you just buy a sticker off ebay and call it whatever you want, lol.

obxcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^haha

ya, i got a $20 cai off ebay, works EXACTLY like aem or what ever. no ammount of research and development can make one 3 inch pipe and filter different from another. i'm not saying buying aem is useless, imo its just not worth it. and for 20 bucks, its worth it to buy something that will look nicer

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for real man. if you had two identical car and one had a home made cai and one had a aem cai they will be running side by side. it's not like the aem one is gonna like fly past the other one man. but if you insist i can make you a aem intake lol... only $40 dollars each. and i'll even include free shipping. lol.......

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shinobi said:
for real man. if you had two identical car and one had a home made cai and one had a aem cai they will be running side by side. it's not like the aem one is gonna like fly past the other one man. but if you insist i can make you a aem intake lol... only $40 dollars each. and i'll even include free shipping. lol.......
I can even make it legal...

c.a.r.b. executive order... :twisted:

[EDIT]

Please add $80 if you want it legal plus the ^^$40^^ paid to shinobi for the intake.

Last edited:

compakt

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is funny. i made a full 2" pvc cai for my once cam.. definately noticed top end power lol

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can it match a V2 though, that is what the question was

obxcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm sure you could build one just like the v2 and it would work the same

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
compakt said:
this is funny. i made a full 2" pvc cai for my once cam.. definately noticed top end power lol

uhh.. you know that pvc releases harmful gases when hott?.. just thought you should know that 8)

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FerioSpeed said:
can it match a V2 though, that is what the question was
whats so great about the v2? any dyno sheets or is it all just hype :roll:

94civicsi

chino
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the aem v2 on the dyno sheet takes off bout 2 seconds on ur e.t time more then the original aem v2

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
94civicsi said:
the aem v2 on the dyno sheet takes off bout 2 seconds on ur e.t time more then the original aem v2
:haha: :rolf: :haha: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :crazy: :no: :hitlol: :hitlol:

he said 2 seconds

The only V2 that you'll get 2 or more seconds shaved off with is a Nazi German V2 rocket strapped to the roof of your car...you'll accelerate to about 500 mph in just seconds before you crash into a coastal English town.

Sheesh! :roll: I wish I had invested in AEM. They apparently rival Christ in the miracle department. AEM has a LOT of people believing that some simple d-series bolt on has them in the 13's.

Last edited:

compakt

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lkailburn said:
uhh.. you know that pvc releases harmful gases when hott?.. just thought you should know that 8)
did you know that pvc doesn't get as hot as aluminum either?

4thengine

Acne Records Rep.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why are you people even responding? Just let him waste his $$$ on the AEM so we can laugh at him.