integra seats in EK question - seat height?

blarue09

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have heard that integra seats sit a little lower than stock EK seats.

What I need to know is where does this difference come from? I have amps under my stock ek seats and there is minimal room for the floor to bottom of seat distance to decrease.

Is the cusion just thinner than the stock EK and there is the same room under both seats or does the bottom of the integra seat just sit closer to the floor of the car than the EK seats?

If anyone had pics that could be helpful too.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I friend has GSR seats in his eg hatch, there's still plenty of room under the seats. I don't know if it's different for ek though...

Hellhatch

4 TD's 1 GAME Polk High
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got gsr seats in my 00 hatch there just a bit lower about a inch. I noticed that the back is not as high. My delsol seats i just took out are about 4inches taller from the seat up.

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got teg seats in my "EK" it def sits sits lower, you can tell if your sittin on it. its better than stock civic seats imo. i'll see if i can get pics of it

HERN.LBR

RACEFWD.COM
5+ Year Member
I have heard that integra seats sit a little lower than stock EK seats.

What I need to know is where does this difference come from? I have amps under my stock ek seats and there is minimal room for the floor to bottom of seat distance to decrease.

Is the cusion just thinner than the stock EK and there is the same room under both seats or does the bottom of the integra seat just sit closer to the floor of the car than the EK seats?

If anyone had pics that could be helpful too.

what seat rails are you running ? i love the way my DC seats fit in my Ek.. plus they just happen to match the interior perfect.

RACEFWD.COM < ---- JOIN !

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
One thing you have to factor, is that only 3 of the bolts will line up.. Now, with that being said, if you go to tighten down the rear center, it would be the one closest to your seat belt harness which you will need incase of a crash. Now the drawback to that is that they sit crooked. So, you have either safety or vanity.

I had to re-weld the mounts to make mine bolt up and fit straight.

blarue09

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as far as I know you can swap the inside rails on the DC seats and all 4 bolts will work. I currently have OEM EK seats, I am asking this question because I would like some DC seats since they are a lot more comfy than the OEM EKs. I just didn''t want to have to move my amps out from under my current seats if I bought some DC seats and there was no longer any room under them.

HERN.LBR

RACEFWD.COM
5+ Year Member
One thing you have to factor, is that only 3 of the bolts will line up.. Now, with that being said, if you go to tighten down the rear center, it would be the one closest to your seat belt harness which you will need incase of a crash. Now the drawback to that is that they sit crooked. So, you have either safety or vanity.

I had to re-weld the mounts to make mine bolt up and fit straight.
wrong..

swap the inner seat rails ( where the seat belt latchs near the center consol ) JUST THE INNER RAILS from the stock Ek seats to the DC2 seats and all four bolts will align with no problem.. you have to use the platic from the Ek seats but it looks clean.. at least in my car.. ill post pics..

same for Del Sol seats..swap inner rails from Ek seats to del sol seats and BAM ! your all set

been there , done that .. works fine.. depending on how tall you are. determins your own personal comfort.i love my DC2 seats in my Ek. ;)

RACEFWD.COM <--- JOIN !

sKuNkYbOi

5+ Year Member
ok i have gsr seats and both of them have to miss 1 bolt each of them are missing 1 bolt but i have no play with them or would i have to swap brackets?

HERN.LBR

RACEFWD.COM
5+ Year Member

my seats look flawless in my ek coupe.. (older pic befor i put my shift boot and shift knob in )

HERN.LBR

RACEFWD.COM
5+ Year Member
ok i have gsr seats and both of them have to miss 1 bolt each of them are missing 1 bolt but i have no play with them or would i have to swap brackets?
its is way UNSAFE to not include one bolt in your safety restraint system.. def. swap the inner rails

take inner Ek seat rails ( where seat belt buckles into )

bolt them onto DC seats and all 4 will bolt up perfect.

SAFETY FIRST ;)

HERN.LBR

RACEFWD.COM
5+ Year Member
here ya go.. swap these two rails ( take EK rails and put on DC seats ) .. sorry crappy editing and phot.. just took it right now .

heres another shot.. ( take Ek inner rails and put on DC seats )

i measured 6" inches for the amp. question.. 6" inches should be plenty of space for a amp. depending if yougot a crazy soundsystem. but should be good room .

Meoshe

5+ Year Member
Just a little clarification, the picture means swap the rails from the EK seats to the Integra seats. So hopefully people dont get confused by just looking at the pictures and not reading the previous posts.

HERN.LBR

RACEFWD.COM
5+ Year Member
Just a little clarification, the picture means swap the rails from the EK seats to the Integra seats. So hopefully people dont get confused by just looking at the pictures and not reading the previous posts.

welp the topic clarifys itself..

integra seats in a EK..

but to clarify YES.... TAKE EK INNER SEAT RAILS AND BOLT ON TO DC ( integra ) SEATS

then bolt into civic

sorry

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
def swap the rails. i didnt like the way teg rails felt so i swap the whole thing. trust me you will notice the different. its better

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ahh, well i went EP3 seats which is a totally different config.. but whatevers clever:word:

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you swap only the inner rails from the EK onto the DC seats, wouldnt the seats be slanted?
nope it sits nice. and much better than having 3 bolts in there kuz if you take a corner you dont want the seat to go flying up