integra sunroof into civic

ruff_ridaz99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey cc members..as you all ex/si civic owners like me that has sunroofs or whatever..there are just two options when opening our sunroof..pops open and sliding back...so i'm just wondering..would integra sunroof mounts and sliders fit into civics so that you could have your sunroof slide and pop back upwards like an integra?

NOTE: if you're just going so say some stupid s**t like "why don't you just get an integra" then don't even bother

(can't we all stay positive around here?)

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not understanding how the integra sunroof differs from civics?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the civic's sunroof slides into the roof when opening, the integra's pops up and slides back over the roof

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would rather it slide into the roof myself.

Less chance of it getting damaged

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
damage isnt a concern, i've never heard of a sunroof getting damaged because it poped up instead of went underneath

i personally love the way they look popped out.... the 5th gen civic's and 3rg gen integra's both pop up and out... imo it looks badass

codyj86

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats a good questions but i've always like the moonroof (when they slide in) rather than just the sunroof.
my guess is that you probably couldn't becuase of the space that the civic has for the sunroof to go into would be blank then. or maybe they are different sizes. idk...
not to jack the thread, but did the 4th gen have a power sunroof? or could i put one (a sunroof) into a 4th gen ? if so how hard is it?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the usdm 4th gen si's had a sunroof.... aftermarket sunroofs are a bad way to go....

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe that the moon roofs that pull back into the roof are more expensive to make and (maybe) give better aero dynamics?

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just don't like the idea of a piece of glass sticking out of the top of the roof my car.

When it is flat as part of the roof or in the roof because it is open that is ok.

But sticking up above roof makes me think of it catching something or something landing on it.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
but, when its popped up its perfect for those rainy day smoking sessions in your car. 8)

Sliding back is ok, but it looks cooler popped up and back, and having a sunroof you shouldnt be worried about aerodynamics, basically your car is built to suit driving with the windows closed.

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can u put at sunroof on a civic that doesnt have a suroof if so how much would it $$$$ and where can it be done???

so im not thread jacking im sure this question wanted to be ask many times...

-Thanks

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GOOSE said:
can u put at sunroof on a civic that doesnt have a suroof if so how much would it $$$$ and where can it be done???

so im not thread jacking im sure this question wanted to be ask many times...

-Thanks
I'd say, if it didn't come from the factory w/ a sunroof, don't do it. I had one in my Chevy years ago, one of those pop ups. It worked well for about 4-5 years. Then it would leak a bit if it really rained hard.

I guess it would be ok if you found and OEM one, but it may not be worth it.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
goose - ask your dealership who they would send the car off to.. they'll be able to refer you to a local shop.

popped up and back is kind of cool... they only gripe i have with mine is that when it slides it... (and this is with all 6g ex/si) it doesnt go back ALL the way, like 2-3" still stick out (anyone know what i mean)

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's more weight ..i dun see the point..
and a moonroof is more expensive than a sunroof..

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazedout06 said:
luxury child... luxury

iloveS-ilver-EX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazedout06 said:
ohhh man do the ladies love the pop up tops, had one on my old integra, they think ur car goes faster plus not everyone is all motor it looks much sweeter that way

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
goose - ask your dealership who they would send the car off to.. they'll be able to refer you to a local shop.

popped up and back is kind of cool... they only gripe i have with mine is that when it slides it... (and this is with all 6g ex/si) it doesnt go back ALL the way, like 2-3" still stick out (anyone know what i mean)
I know what you mean Daniel. Since I have the same car.

I am also trying to think about the sunroof sizes. I had a power sunroof on my 90 Prelude and it seems to me it was bigger. Although it didn't tilt like the EM1's does.

Anybody else have a 3rd Gen Lude and can help me out?

Graham

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok same thing but i have a dx coupe but i want to add a pop integra roof 2 my civic u think i can do that cuzthey would have to cut the roof to my car and i jus want to knw if its a good idea