Interested in buying a civic..

Crispin38

Left Right Up Down
Hello,
First off sorry in advance for the long post.
I'm in the process of selling my old ride(RX7). Therefore am looking for a new project.
I'm leaning towards a 92-95 EG hatch. At least that's what I think I want. I know little to nothing about civics, but enough to know that I want one.
I'm set on the 5th gen EG because it's small, light and I love the body style. It's great. Parts availability is alsO awesome on civics so that's a huge plus.
I would plan to build the car into a full track car(road race), it will/won't ever see the street.(as my rx7 doesnt)
I would like to specifically build it for the NASA PT class, and eventually move up to ST.
Being I'm a noob, i'm looking for points/advice on what particular model I should look for, what engine, trAnsmission etc I should try tO get my hands on.
Also, are there any websites-companies that sell parts, have how-tos or anything relative specifically for civics I should be aware of?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
-CB

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I personally like the 5th gen hatches, I wish I had one. As for track, any hatch will do good. They're alot lighter than coupes or sedans.

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
How much are you looking to spend?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Crispin38

Left Right Up Down
I would like to spend around 5k for a complete car that is unmolested.
There will be no budget for the build prOcess itself though. Whatever I find that I need or am dead set on wanting I will get my hands even if it takes forever to save up for.
A lot of the car will be 'built' not bought. It will be more a matter of time then money.
Thanks for the replies.