interior LED lights

MANTI5

Hi, new here. Just got 2 LED light bars from Pilot Automotive and it says to hook them up to a switched power source. I want them to come on when the headlights are turned on, do I hook them to the fuse that corresponds to the headlights or some other way? I have a 08 LX

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, you could. but after a while you will probably get tired of them being on all the time. i was going to hook some up to my map light circuit so when i open my doors, or unlock the car the footwells turn on.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if your going to tie them into any lights i would do the parking lights, that way they dont go off when you turn your brights on. or just put a switch on them and tie them into either the parking lights or the acc.

MANTI5

So do I have to splice into the wire or could I sorta wedge the wire under a fuse?

MANTI5

Nevermind, I just spliced it into an old cell phone car charger. Thanks for the replies, though, I look forward to finding many more mods.

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you probally dont need to work on your car. wedge it in a fuse box....tard

MANTI5

you probally dont need to work on your car. wedge it in a fuse box....tard
I've seen that done in a number of forums with cathodes, was just asking if it could be done with LEDs. But thanks for the comment, I'm sure you were being helpful in your own mind.

I should be able to post up some pics tonight, did a test last night just to make sure they worked and now I have to place them and hide wires.

Cr8zyDrifter

5+ Year Member
yeah, you could. but after a while you will probably get tired of them being on all the time. i was going to hook some up to my map light circuit so when i open my doors, or unlock the car the footwells turn on.

Now that is a damn good idea. I was just thinking to my self, no offense to anyone, but I'm sick of seeing all these kids put LED's everywhere inside their cars. HOWEVER, I would rock some LEDS in the footwells wired up, so when the doors are open they come on. good job man

CamelNo.9

Now that is a damn good idea. I was just thinking to my self, no offense to anyone, but I'm sick of seeing all these kids put LED's everywhere inside their cars. HOWEVER, I would rock some LEDS in the footwells wired up, so when the doors are open they come on. good job man
I've seen footwells + side underbody LEDs wired to come on when the door is open. They guy had 2 sets of light-strips on the sides, one wired to the door and the other connected in with the rest of the underbodies. Personally I think driving with underbody lighting is mega-rice anyway, so I like the idea of having them come on when the door is open.