interior panel...grrrrr

lo_rida2002

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey waddup fellow es1/em2 lovers,

i convinced my friend to buy a EM2 he test drove my car. however, his rear speakers are done for and we're trying to replace new ones. we are having trouble taking the panel off to put the new speakers in. if any of u can help us out here, that'll be super.

peace,
rob

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did this its a b***h
you ahve the take off the c pillar plastic covers
then fromt here fold all the rear seats down
then without completely cutting your hands up you have to remove the back plastic dash thing that covers up the speakers. this is where yout take some prayers cause you will have to bend the hell out of that thing to get it out but once you get it out it makes things a hell of a lot easier to work on. before tryign to remove it look at the understand of the rear dash and count the number of clips and note there locations this will make popping them out easier. and make sure if you f**k a clip up you get a new one and replace them because trying to put that bastard back in with a messed up clip blows pm me if you need any more help

02EXSILVER

I have a monkey?
5+ Year Member
JDM melbatoast said:
i did this its a b***h
Agreed! After I removed the C-pillar covers, I folded the seats down, and layed in the trunk. Carefully pinching all of the little white clips, as to remove them. JDM's right though, after loosining the cover, it's a b***h to twist and pull it out. Good luck.

lo_rida2002

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks yo! Finally did it...It was a b***h but it worked out. Had to do all that in the snow too..lol

peace

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Remove the rear seats
remove the side panels
remove the rear c pillar covers
Deck cover comes off very easy.

MAKE SURE ALL WHITE CLIPS ARE IN PROPERLY OR IT WILL RATTLE LIKE CRAZY!!!!!!!

02EXSILVER

I have a monkey?
5+ Year Member
rebyid said:
where is the C pillar?
A pillar = Runs up the side of the windsheild.
B pillar = Goes from the floor to the roof after the drivers door.
C pillar = The next pillar after the B pillar. And so on and so on...

When I wrote C pillar I was asuming it's a coupe. I'm partial to the coupes :D