Interior under dash glow

blah91

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and want to get some peoples opinion on what I should do. I have a 2000 Honda Civic SI and want to do an interior under dash glow. I've looked into it and it appears I have two routes to go. I can either do a neon tube under the dash or a flexi-LED. I noticed that a 10 inch neon tube (the smallest I've seen them) won't fit under my driver and passenger side dash, I am also not sure where I can mount one in the back seat. Flexi-LED's seem like the way to go but I'm not sure how well they work or if they would look good.
Any opinions or experiences are appreciated!
Thank you,
Nick (blah91

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Underglow=jailtime

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Underglow = mad rice. I would avoid it. But if you REALLY want to do it, the most cost-effective and easiest way (without raping that EM1's interior) would be those LED neon rope lights from Autozone. If you have your heart set on it, that's the easiest/cleanest way to go, I guess.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's more trouble than it's worth

blah91

So the conclusion I'm getting is that you guys don't think a glow in the foot well of the car would look good? I'm not going for an under glow as in outside.

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
please dont do it, it is horribly rice which means ugly and cliche. believe me I have done it 12 yrs ago i had neons on the outside and neons on the inside, it gets old very fast and is a quick flashy way to get pulled over costantly

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Honestly I like the interior underflow. I would only have it turn on when the doors r open n that's it. But your best bet it's the led strips. Check out www.superbrightsleds.com they have some led strips that you can cut to the desired size needed

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So the conclusion I'm getting is that you guys don't think a glow in the foot well of the car would look good?
That's going to be the general consensus but if you like it, go for it.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have underglow wired to a switch in my car... I rarely showcase it anymore, but it IS useful when I drop something late at night and need to see:

You can see the switch in this picture, just to the left of the mirror adjustment switch thingy

Over exposure? Idk much about cameras, but whatever settings were changed made this picture seem SUPER blue. They are definitely not this blue lol:

Personally, I like them, though I don't use them much (I forget they're even there sometimes). It's just two old neon tubes (lol) ziptied under my seat. Wires are completely hidden, and I can move the seat's without any issues.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have underglow wired to a switch in my car... I rarely showcase it anymore, but it IS useful when I drop something late at night and need to see:

You can see the switch in this picture, just to the left of the mirror adjustment switch thingy

Over exposure? Idk much about cameras, but whatever settings were changed made this picture seem SUPER blue. They are definitely not this blue lol:

Personally, I like them, though I don't use them much (I forget they're even there sometimes). It's just two old neon tubes (lol) ziptied under my seat. Wires are completely hidden, and I can move the seat's without any issues.
Those actually look pretty good. I agree with the switch/door ajar thing. Hell I may do this to my EM1, probably with just white LED's to light it up when it needs to be. Doing all white LED interior lights eventually anyway.

blah91

Wow! Thank you for the pictures XpL0d3r! I really like the set up and may do something very similar to that!

Dante_03

Hey guys. I like the idea of the lights coming on when the doors open, like in newer cars like audis ect. So how would u wire it? So that it will work with sensors? Thanks

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya i was gonna referrence Xpl0D3r's and leolethlion has/had not sure anymore and it was good. i had it in mine but i had a red on driver blue on passenger...dont do that. i flicked it on for 12 seconds to grab my phone and got pulled over not ticket but bitched at for an hour. i used it for a real purpose not just show so if thats your intent i say go for it

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Hey guys. I like the idea of the lights coming on when the doors open, like in newer cars like audis ect. So how would u wire it? So that it will work with sensors? Thanks
Just wire it up to the door switch.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
light strips if you really want to do it. go nuts and wire it to your dome light switch or something