Internet Connection Problem

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
alright guys i need some help here probably 3 months or so ago my girlfriend younger brother bought a wireless router all was fine until recently her connection slowed down dramatically her computer takes forever to load websites and my xbox 360 live won't let me join a game online. do you guys knowwhat wrong with it. she has comcast cable i believe do you guys think because everyone is using the internet all at once might slow down the connection. her younger brothers have labtops and has the wireless connection too. any help would be great.

p.s. i wanna play my call of duty 4 online but i can't:cry::evil:

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright guys i need some help here probably 3 months or so ago my girlfriend younger brother bought a wireless router all was fine until recently her connection slowed down dramatically her computer takes forever to load websites and my xbox 360 live won't let me join a game online. do you guys knowwhat wrong with it. she has comcast cable i believe do you guys think because everyone is using the internet all at once might slow down the connection. her younger brothers have labtops and has the wireless connection too. any help would be great.

p.s. i wanna play my call of duty 4 online but i can't:cry::evil:
Happens with my router. I just unplug both the modem and router power cables for a few seconds and plug them back in. Comcast told me sometimes the modem and router become outta sync. Try that.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do that, if that doesn't work, turn all the devices off that use it, and see if the router and modem are still transmitting data. It should send data every few seconds, but if it's constantly sending data, like someone else is connected, it's time to change the protection for the router so only allowed wireless connections can join your network.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thank you guys i will do this tonight when i go to her place=)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Routers generally need to be restarted every so often. My wireless router needs to be reset every week. It's a pain in the ass but it refreshes it and connection is back to normal.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you need to unplug it every week, you should call your ISP, unless you bought the router at bestbuy, then call the manufacturer. It shouldn't need to be restarted that often.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you need to unplug it every week, you should call your ISP, unless you bought the router at bestbuy, then call the manufacturer. It shouldn't need to be restarted that often.
It's a Belkin G. Bought it at Walmart.

Didn't think it needed to be restarted every week but yeah, it did seem like a little more often than usual. I had to restart my LinkSys wired router every few months. But then again, it was like 4 years old before switching over to the Belkin lol.

And my ISP recently came to our house within the past 2 months to fix our internet. It was slow as f**k. Like worse than 56K. So I don't think they could do anything.