Introducing: Seth's new 99 EX coupe + Offical "Build up" Thread

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Updated as of 9/11/2009...but there are pics on pretty much on every page

Welp I finally picked up a new project (since I sold my 91 Si)...1999 Civic Ex Coupe *Black*. The car is in great shape with 107,XXX miles on the body. No rust anywhere and it was painted only 6 months ago..Flamenco Black Pearl...looks very fresh. Im very happy with it, although I do miss my hatch...

Most of you probably remember my old hatch but here's a refresher pic...

Now my new coupe...

Let me know what you guys think..i have lots of plans so there will be more info and pics to come.

WillyBigNut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like a good platform to work from. what are your plans for it motor wise?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have fun with it.

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like a good platform to work from. what are your plans for it motor wise?
Yea, i agree. Well the week I bought it, I swapped in a jdm b18c w/ type R ecu. As of now it has intake, 4-1 header, and exhaust. I havent decided what else Im going to do motor wise. As much as I would love to boost it, I think Im just gonna do some fuel upgrades, cams, and cam gears..not positive yet tho

Does look like a good solid car...
Thanks!!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you have a relatively clean slate to work off of. I'd prolly get some OEM headlights and DIY gunmetal housing and things like that...

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looking good man. Motor shots?

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have a relatively clean slate to work off of. I'd prolly get some OEM headlights and DIY gunmetal housing and things like that...
yea i was happy to find such a clean coupe. as for the headlights, thats exactly what i was planning on doing. I do already have black housing headlights on there as you can see in the pic, but they are a little old and one of them fogs up. but i was also thinking about just like crystal clear/ chrome CTR style heads..what you think?

looking good man. Motor shots?
thanks man! yea ill snap a few pics of the bay tomorrow after class and after i clean the bay..and ill post asap

jdmpassion

that civic.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:( :( :( that hatch looked beast like =)

but im diggin the ex too =)
what do you use to clean your bay up??

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:( :( :( that hatch looked beast like =)

but im diggin the ex too =)
what do you use to clean your bay up??
lol thanks, yea i put so much time and money into that hatch :( very clean and fast but yea im likin my EX too

as for cleaning...good ol' SIMPLE GREEN!!

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im in Dayton..which is an hour north from cincy and an hour south from columbus. just incase you didnt know...what about you?

About a half hour east of Cleveland.

Good luck on it dude! Keep us updated! Definitely looks like a good platform to start off from.

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for all the positive feedback! Im excited to get things going. Ill def be getting you all updated on plans and parts that i order...

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welp guys i finally have an update on my coupe...got rid of the mis-matching wheels and picked up some bronze OEM HX wheels thanks to *enycesam*

heres a few pics i tried to get in..it was cold as s**t out and kinda bright sky so the pics didnt come out, but hopefully a nice day will come and ill get some good clean shots. let me know what ya think..

Planning on adjusting my coilovers a bit to lower it a little more since there use to be big ass 18s on the front. theres a little bit of wheel gap

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SEXYYYY, Haha. Finally, some pictures of the HXs. Looking good bro. What's next on the list?

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Looks good man, enjoying the new pics!
Should be a great project car!