iOS7

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm loving my Facebook being filled with tons of people complaining it's buggy, and they hate it, and it's ugly. Should've got an android.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Haven't heard a single person complain. I've re-downloaded all my apps (had to reformat cause I jailbroke my 4s, which took a total of 20 minutes), and tested them all. Everything works, no bugs. So far, I really like it. The transitional effects are rad.

I AM having an issue with the Otterbox case though. With Control Center, it's a PITA to swipe up and access it with the Otterbox defender since it's so bulky.

Luckly, I found this! http://www.spigen.com/tough_armor_challenge/

I've submitted it, just waiting for the discount code. I was thinking about getting a new case anyways since this one is so bulky (and I got it for free), so we'll see how this goes. :thumbs up
That's a nice case! The Otter Box cases are huge.. my parents' are good friends with the founder and CEO of the company (he actually came up with a majority of the designs himself), and I complained about their size to him. He was like "eh people like em" haha. Oh well.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still have the iPhone 4 so no iOS7 for now, but I'll be ordering the 5s in the next couple of weeks.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have had it since beta release and like it.... There were some early issues with the beta versions... But the actual release is working fine on my iPad... I still have to install it on my iPhone....

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I still have the iPhone 4 so no iOS7 for now, but I'll be ordering the 5s in the next couple of weeks.
It's out for the 4. The IPSW was released, so I know the OTA and push release is out.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I AM having an issue with the Otterbox case though. With Control Center, it's a PITA to swipe up and access it with the Otterbox defender since it's so bulky.

Luckly, I found this! http://www.spigen.com/tough_armor_challenge/

I've submitted it, just waiting for the discount code. I was thinking about getting a new case anyways since this one is so bulky (and I got it for free), so we'll see how this goes. :thumbs up
I have an otter box defender case as well. No issue :O

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have an otter box defender case as well. No issue :O
It depends on the technique used to swipe I think lol. I noticed that swiping above the home button generally sucks. But swiping from the left or right it helps quite a bit.

The issue is that half the time I don't think about it and I swipe right in the middle and fail :roll:

Gotta love user error :lol: At least I'm not alone though. I'll probably still be trying this case out since I want a less bulky one anyways.

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
I didn't care about the update, so I waited til today. Downloaded quickly and my phone seems to run smoother now. I didn't like it at first, but I kinda dig the layout now

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didn't care about the update, so I waited til today. Downloaded quickly and my phone seems to run smoother now. I didn't like it at first, but I kinda dig the layout now
It grows on you a lot. Super, super smooth and solid. I love it so far. My phone was already fast, but this is crazy.. it's instant.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It depends on the technique used to swipe I think lol. I noticed that swiping above the home button generally sucks. But swiping from the left or right it helps quite a bit.

The issue is that half the time I don't think about it and I swipe right in the middle and fail :roll:

Gotta love user error :lol: At least I'm not alone though. I'll probably still be trying this case out since I want a less bulky one anyways.
OHHHH! I thought you were talking about the search feature by swiping down from the top of the phone.

I retract my statement, your are right, that is a pain in the ass with this case lol

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have it running on my 4 right now with no issues.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i made a post, pissed off some fan boys...i think, or i was drunk and i never posted, either way.... i like not bricking my devices

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
I'm just happy they made it more like android, so my transition won't be as harsh when I leave apple's faggot ass platform

CO671

Registered VIP
My girlfriend had issues on the first day.... When she turned on Airdrop to try it out, her home button and power button stopped working and she couldn't navigate through her phone at all. We were out for dinner and I told her to put her phone away but she started complaining it was broken. So I said just leave the flashlight on, and bluetooth (Control Center was still swipe-able) and kill the battery til we get back to my car to charge it and reboot.

Eventually, that helped fix it, but her sisters iPhone 5 had to reset because the iOS Completely wiped out her memory, apps, and bugged her iMessage.

Then there's charging problems and all... After hearing their experience I am sticking to iOS 6....

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No problems here since I updated on my iPhone 5. :O if anything it's been a huge improvement. Back up your phone and try it out. If you don't like it, restore it by using the back up.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My gf updated pretty much by accident and now she HATES it. I compared it side by side to my phone which I haven't updated and I can't stand even just looking at hers, let alone navagating through it. I definitely won't be updating mine lol.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's so strange hearing all of these horror stories. My boss and his wife updated, my father and sister updated, my boss's son updated, his girlfriend updated, three of my coworkers updated, and I updated, ALL with ZERO issues. :O

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
I've noticed little things, like when I try to fast forward a video the bar doesn't cooperate and a couple other small annoyances, but I assume they'll come out with a patch for it.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had been having tons of issues with my phone crashing with iOS6, like 20 times a day. Since I updated to iOS7 it hasn't happened once, so… I'm a fan.

I didn't think it was going to be compatible with the 4 at first but I was wrong, that's my previous post was about.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmmmm.. I updated my old iPhone 4 just to see what all the fuss is about. I don't use it anymore as I received a Galaxy S4 recently through work, but I still have the iPhone sitting in a drawer so I figured what the hell.

I have to be honest and say that I don't really care for it. I am no fan boy either way and have had both Android and Apple phones in the past, but I really like the interface on the S4 compared to iOS now that I have gotten used to it. I had my iPhone for just over 2 years and got very used to and attached to it. I was a bit angry when they were making me switch but I didn't want to pass up what I had read was an excellent phone (the galaxy). Maybe if I gave iOS 7 some time, I could get to love it, but right now I am very happy that I am under the Android system now and am not so mad that they made me switch if that is what Apple has gone to.

I will play with it some more and see if it is just a matter of getting used to, but based on first impressions, I wouldn't be a big fan going into the future and definitely won't be upgrading to another iPhone any time soon.