iPhone users...I have a ?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm contemplating about picking up an iPhone. If you've got one, can you give me your pro and con list to owning one?

Thanks,

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Pro:
Say you owning one.
8 Hour talking time

Cons:
Stuck to one network, cannot transfer it to any other network, if you unlock it, apple can lock the phone and you cannot use it anymore.
Screens brittle, known to break easily.
Scratches easily.
It Uses EDGE, not 3G
The Price and the Lack of Concrete Plan Info and Rates
The Keyboard is Unproven

junior h.m

5+ Year Member
honestly i was gonna get it along with my bro in law, but he got it first, --i started playing with it- well lets just say its not worth switching to att from t-mobile..
i got bored like in 20 minutes of playing with everything..

camera is good tho lol

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Actually, I'm sorry but I have to fully disagree with No Regrets.

I went today to check out phones, and was going to go ahead and just save my money by purchasing a Duo instead of an I-Phone.

Well turns out you need a data plan to get the duo for the 99.99 price, with data plan, and talk plan, it's starting price is nearly 80 dollars a month.

Same with any of their other 99.99 smart phones. As for the flip phones, the only one I thought was even decent was the Razr V9, which is nice, but with a price tag in the mid 300's, why not pay the 420 some dollars for the iphone, which has a plan starting at 70 dollars with unlimited internet, and includes minutes.

I also toyed around with the phone and they are actually very simple to work, the touch screen works excellent, I don't own one, so I can't say it doesn't scratch easily, but a guy put one in a ziploc bag with keys to simulate the phone being in a pocket and it passed that test incredibly, check it out, it's on the net.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Pro:
Say you owning one.
8 Hour talking time

Cons:
Stuck to one network, cannot transfer it to any other network, if you unlock it, apple can lock the phone and you cannot use it anymore.
Screens brittle, known to break easily.
Scratches easily.
It Uses EDGE, not 3G
The Price and the Lack of Concrete Plan Info and Rates
The Keyboard is Unproven

The iphone is not stuck to one network. It can go to any carrier that run a sim card. That mean you could
use it on tge t-mobile network but not sprints. If apple catches you with an unlocked phone you are a moron. if you unlock the iphone all you have to do is tell it to resoter in itunes and you will be running the non hacked firmware. I have a 8 gb iphone and it's power time is about a day and a half of full on use. That means using the phone pretty much all day: internet, ipod, games, everything. The screen is not brittle it is known for being very scratch resistent and can take daily grind without breaking. but dont believe me look on youtube. If you see a iphone with a broken screen it usually looks like the phone was thrown off a mountain. I personally had a broken screen on my iphone from my cat's fat ass playing with it. I took it back to apple and they replaced it for free. Apple takes care of their customers. The phone is on edge and that doesn't mean dialup. I remember dialup days. you would hit yahoo.com and leave get lunch and the page would be up. the pages have at most 30 second load time. This is also with the full version of the internet. Not a toned down "mobile" version of the internet. My iphone plan costs me 50 bucks a month and that unlimited data and text messaging. look at other pda plan just on att. the can be in the 70 and 80 dollar range. The keyboard is not unproven. I use it very well. I can text with while driving as well. the secret to typing on the iphone is to use a small portion of your finger towards the left of the letter you want. If you text that way you will always get the right letter. Also, the prediction on text is very good.

Pro's:
Backed up by applecare, Apple takes care of their customers.
The phone flys on wifi
The phone is great for multimedia. Pics, movies, music
Full internet brower and can do mutiple email accounts
Crispy display, everything looks amazing.
The text log is sweet it looks just like ichat
There are tons of third party aps for the iphone, i.e nes and playstation rom, books, gps etc
the notes feature is sweet perfect for things like grocery list etc
The camera quality is good even though it is ?what? 1.6 mega pixel.
youtube is slick and i like the alarm on it as well.

con's:
on edge, not as fast as it could be
People asking to play with your phone

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have the hacked version of the iPod touch (much thanks to Greg) and basically the only thing i dont have that's on the iPhone is an external speaker, camera, and phone itself. I have all the programs and then some and i know a bunch of people who have them and none of us have had any problems with screens. :what: but i really enjoy it. by far the best 400 bucks i've spent in a while

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The iphone is not stuck to one network. It can go to any carrier that run a sims card. That mean you could
use it on tge t-mobile network but not sprints. If apple catches you with an unlocked phone you are a moron. if you unlock the iphone all you have to do is tell it to resoter in itunes and you will be running the non hacked firmware. I have a 8 gb iphone and it's power time is about a day and a half of full on use. That means using the phone pretty much all day: internet, ipod, games, everything. The screen is not brittle it is known for being very scratch resistent and can take daily grind without breaking. but dont believe me look on youtube. If you see a iphone with a broken screen it usually looks like the phone was thrown off a mountain. I personally had a broken screen on my iphone from my cat's fat ass playing with it. I took it back to apple and they replaced it for free. Apple takes care of their customers. The phone is on edge and that doesn't mean dialup. I remember dialup days. you would hit yahoo.com and leave get lunch and the page would be up. the pages have at most 30 second load time. This is also with the full version of the internet. Not a toned down "mobile" version of the internet. My iphone plan costs me 50 bucks a month and that unlimited data and text messaging. look at other pda plan just on att. the can be in the 70 and 80 dollar range. The keyboard is not unproven. I use it very well. I can text with while driving as well. the secret to typing on the iphone is to use a small portion of your finger towards the left of the letter you want. If you text that way you will always get the right letter. Also, the prediction on text is very good.
Everything you said is the complete opposite of what I've read online from other pople.

The scren doesn't break easily, but you're cat broke it.. :roll:

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Everything you said is the complete opposite of what I've read online from other pople.

Yeah, that is what I am guessing. I took a nap and woke up and the phone was on the floor with a ahairline crack across the screen. It's just easy to blame it on the cat. I have no idea what really did it though. The bottom line is apple replaced that phone. Tell me one other phone manufacturer that would have replaced that phone besides apple? It is usually, "im sorry you have a crack in the screen you are stuck with it." You know your statement goes to show that you can't trust everything you read.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Seems like people either love it or hate it.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, that is what I am guessing. I took a nap and woke up and the phone was on the floor with a ahairline crack across the screen. It's just easy to blame it on the cat. I have no idea what really did it though. The bottom line is apple replaced that phone. Tell me one other phone manufacturer that would have replaced that phone besides apple? It is usually, "im sorry you have a crack in the screen you are stuck with it." You know your statement goes to show that you can't trust everything you read.
Because Apple knows if they don't replace that phone they'll lose customers..

What about not being able to replace the battery..
2Megapixel camera?
No cut, copy and paste text?
No video recording?

"Apple says between 300-400 charges the iPhone will lose battery capacity — you’ll send it in and get the cell replaced for a fee."

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have owned an iphone for the last 2 months.

Pros:
Ipod is awesome
Slim and light weight
Showing it off to girls & them playing with it(Good topic starter....Sad but true)
Paying around 110 dollars a month with 2 phones on the plan
Camera is alright
Notes feature
Keyboard is very easy after you get used to it
Google Maps
itunes
Wifi
Pictures(Zooming in and slideshows)

Cons:
No picture mail
Can't record videos
Battery life, if using it a lot
1st generation phone and freezes up time to time
Safari is rather slow at times
Only 8gbs

I could always think of other bad things, but the good has out weighed the bad so far. If you want it...get it.

ReaLOnE

www.CentexStreetScene.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Iphone is the s**t.....

I can use my phone out of at&t thru any other service provider around the world

Yes safari is slow at times but its something you can deal with.....

NES
PSP
Playstation

YES YOU CAN SEND PICTURE MAILS just cant receive them...

I will tell you this.. If you get the iphone and dont unlock it or put 3rd party apps on it then the phone is not worth it....

Its a must to unlock or put more apps on it..

and this is my .02

I love my iphone

ReaLOnE

www.CentexStreetScene.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

your rite on that.... i dropped my phone while trying to jump off a lift at work and a couple of times down the steps at my apts... Couple of scrathes on the back and thats it!

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Because Apple knows if they don't replace that phone they'll lose customers..

What about not being able to replace the battery..
2Megapixel camera?
No cut, copy and paste text?
No video recording?

"Apple says between 300-400 charges the iPhone will lose battery capacity — you’ll send it in and get the cell replaced for a fee."
Wrong, it is because they are a good company that backs up their customers. You can replace the battery. you just need a opening tool which you can get online for like 5 bucks. the 2 mega pixel camera is acually pretty good. cut copy paste? nope doesn't have it. not that big of a deal if you want a full blown computer then use one. No video recording is just another frill. there are third party programs that you can run on the iphone to use your camera as a video camera.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Wrong, it is because they are a good company that backs up their customers. You can replace the battery. you just need a opening tool which you can get online for like 5 bucks. the 2 mega pixel camera is acually pretty good. cut copy paste? nope doesn't have it. not that big of a deal if you want a full blown computer then use one. No video recording is just another frill. there are third party programs that you can run on the iphone to use your camera as a video camera.
something something denial.... something something river in egypt :lol:

everything it doesnt have wasnt needed, but every basic function of the iphone is revolutionary... even if it's been out for years.

gotta love the fanbois :lol:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
"backs up their customers" :rolf :rolf:

I liked that.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
something something denial.... something something river in egypt :lol:

everything it doesnt have wasnt needed, but every basic function of the iphone is revolutionary... even if it's been out for years.

gotta love the fanbois :lol:
That coming from a anti-apple nazi. Everything you say about apple is garbage.

"backs up their customers" :rolf :rolf:

I liked that.
typing is not my forte.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
fixed. :lol:

you're very defensive, so much in fact that you are ignoring reality.
I just find it funny that every apple product you have had and every apple product your family has had has been trash.