Ipod in window

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So i want to mount my ipod touch on the window like a GPS unit, which means i need to run my ipod integration cable up there somehow...is there a way to do this without removing the whole dash?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats just askin for someone to break into your car, no one is gonna think your cool by puttin it in your window, nor doesnt anyone care about your ipod, cause pretty much everyone has one, just put it in your lap like everyone else

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
didnt ask what you thought of the idea, just how to run the cable without removing the dash

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
f**king drill a hole.

/Thread

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
x2, drill a hole, but someones gonna break in your s**t, just my 2 cents

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i dont leave it there. its just for when im on the highway and stuff so i can still use some of the applications i have for it. i thought about trying to route the cable through the AC vent there in the corner.

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats gotta b the worst idea i have ever herd i dont even mount my gps on the window...thiefs look for the rings on ur windsheild n s**t dude imo

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you can think whatever you want, i dont give a f**k. i didnt ask for you opinions, just thoughts on how to run a cable without removing the dash. so gtfo

Rountreesj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
run it around the dash and up front near the window. you will need an extender cable though. mu buddy did this in his new truck. it is somewhat pointless, but does look kinda cool. it's your car, but i do wanna point out that even though the others are being dicks about it...they are right...it is like a beacon to thieves. but yeah...just get a longer cord and go around the dash and tuck it away...

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So i want to mount my ipod touch on the window like a GPS unit, which means i need to run my ipod integration cable up there somehow...is there a way to do this without removing the whole dash?
You can run it near the vents, its best to pull the vent cover off and then fish it down to the headunit, you only have to remove the vent cover and maybe the headunit, not the whole dash. most of the time there is enough clearance besides the tubes to run it with out drilling.

ketadotdot

aka babymilo36
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think it would look pretty cool yeah i was thinking running it around the dash too, good luck!

jb0ne

Banned
Im gunna have to remind you about the whole theif aspect.... immovability etc etc

edit- read your post regarding someone suggesting same thing..

I for one dont enjoy working towards something that will most likely get stolen..

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Seriously if I saw that someone had their ipod mounted on their windshield I would throw a rock at it and take the ipod just to teach them a lesson...