Is a Honda CRX considered a sports car?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i use to work for allstate insurance then moved to farmers insurance.. they both consider a crx as a sports car.. soo if you have one of those companies then theres your answer!

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Probably a Sports Coupe will be the definition.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think the older crx's are classified as sports coupe, and the new hybrids are classified as sports coupe-economy (these have low rates)

AGStylez

Custom Beats JDM
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes. it's considered a sports car. my insurance doubled when they found out i was in an SI instead of a DX hatch. If they find out you modify it, it goes up again.

Anything to make a buck.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i remember back then, the honda accord ex's 90-93 were considered sport cars or something like that.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sports compact car because of its size, hatchbacks and del sol's and many other small 2 door hatchbacks are considered this as well.

even a geo metro hatchback haha but this car is different because we also look at the motor size as well.

EF Honda EF

crx IS considered a sports car since its a 2 door, ALL 2 door cars are considered Sports, weather its sports compact, or luxury sport. BUT being that the car is older than 15 years, premium will not be as high as a newer model car like a 2000 crx hybrid. (these are considered sports as well, these are sports economy vehicles) anyways thats pretty much it..
My Aunts 1982 Chevy Sprit is a sports car then. it only has 2 doors. I would hate to have a 3 cylinder sports car

armorfs

money pit addict
5+ Year Member
im insurance companys o

yah man i drive an ep3 si and they consider it a sports car(and these are the reason my insurance company gave me).

1.It is an Si.

2. Commonly stolen

3. They are often built up and expensive to repair and more dangerouse to drive.

i jus bought me a rex the other day...and it is an si...so when i insure i iwll let u know for sure