Is it worth 250?

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cause he has it right there at his finger tips? and parts are slightly cheaper? :what:

HonDaReal

Really why go with the smallest engine you can get your hands on? B16's are slow.
Wtf? My friends all motor b16a smashes on lsv and b18c1. And my other friend ran a b16 bottom, gsr head boosted and was unbelievably quick.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Wtf? My friends all motor b16a smashes on lsv and b18c1. And my other friend ran a b16 bottom, gsr head boosted and was unbelievably quick.
Boosted is a totally different story. His b16 could have been bored out, better internals, better tune, etc. than the lsv or b18. We are just saying that in general, there are much better choices than the b16. But its totally fine if you get a good deal on it, it just depends on your goals.

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Boost may come later but not right now. Found out its been bored a little and is in good condition. Buddy's dad honed it to make sure everything was good and it was. I'm not looking for a major power plant. Just something I can rebuild from the ground up and learn from. A b16 can be made just as fast as a b18c1 or k20 but that's not my intentions.