Is it worth..

MrHonda321

5+ Year Member
Is it worth buying stuff (engine wise) for my d15. Its the stock engine and its got 170 on it. I was wondering if i should just start saving for a swap, if so what should i get.. Or should i dump money into the d15. Give me any ideas, ANY

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wouldn't. Some would say yes and turbo, but with that mileage I wouldn't. a good swap is really any b series. B16 99-2000 si or B18C1 GSR. their cheaper than say a H or K series and put down some good numbers. you could also save and boost later. Hmotorsonline.com has some decent setups with guaranteed to start warranties and come with about 30K miles since japan has laws where you can't run your motor past like 50K kilometers or something like that. or you could search craigslist. only thing about that is you don't know what could be wrong with it and how hard the previous owner drove it.
I have a b16 out of a 2000 si, only thing I would say negetive about it...only if your using it as a commuter DD car would be it has really short gears(which alot of us like cause it makes it faster in the low end) but for freeway driving it get's a little annoying driving 60 on the freeway and your doing like 3K RPM's. that's my only dislike for it, though it is nice to drop a gear and pass anyone like that *snaps fingers*
hope that all helps

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
swap in a lower mileage d16z6 and turbo it.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what they say op save money and swap a better motor

MrHonda321

5+ Year Member
so a d16z vtech is worth it? theres alot floating around on craigslist around my way... or should i wait and save for a b18c?

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say d16z6, build it up and boost it. Cheap, fun, easy, quick.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Swap the jdm d15 in it!! Build that s**t and turbo it. Just like previous reply, cheap, fun, easy, and f**kin quickk..
SOHC all the way.

1995hondahatch

5+ Year Member
i dissagree with what some people are saying. yes, putting in a d series will help ya, but go for the swap. buy a cheap JDM motor, and put it in. you dont get alot of number out of a d series, (unless you spend lots of money) and putting in a b series will give you alot more power, as compared to spending alot of money and being stuck with a SOHC motor that every one and there dog has. now, if it was me i just bought a K20A2, but not everyone has that kinda of money and ability to do modifications. so my recomended swap is the B series, there cheaper, pretty easy, and if your car is rust free its a enjoyable swap. unlike me i have f**ked myself with a k series. =/