Is Lowerering my car on sleeves and stock shocks bad?

19ef90

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was wondering if it will ruin the shocks or damage anything ?
this has been covered many times.
coilover sleves will KILL oem struts.

if your gonna go cheep on coilovers, get some nice tokico blues or something to compliment them.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Or don't cheap out at all and get some Function Form Type 1s. They're only $630. You'll probably spend damn near as much on Tokicos and Ebay sleeves...

littleshorty

5+ Year Member
cause i got new sleeves from my friend so like yeah i was trying to swap the sleeves and the stock springs and keep the stock springs

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have had No Name sleeves on my stock struts going on 5yrs now maybe 6... I have no issues... I want to get a new suspension and when I do I will do it with a nice set up such as mentioned above... That is just me... It's like everything, some times it works great some times it doesn't....

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Personally I say go for it... The other thing is mine is not SLAMMED... just dropped to cover wheel gap...

littleshorty

5+ Year Member
it hasnt ruin anything in ur car at all right? cause i am planning to get it the front as close to the tire in the front just enough to clear it and the back just one finger i am not planning to slam it
u think that the sleeve and stock shocks will be good for at least a year or more without ruining anyhing?

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As long as you install them properly you will be fine.... get an Alignment and your good to go... I have installed drop springs on a ton of cars on stock shocks and they are fine, they are usually about 1.5-2.00 drop which is what you basically described... The only issue I ever had was one of the sleeves is cracked... so I am in need of a new set up but the car is awaiting the motor this yr! And the cracked sleeve has nothing to do with Stock shocks....

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or don't cheap out at all and get some Function Form Type 1s. They're only $630. You'll probably spend damn near as much on Tokicos and Ebay sleeves...
Yeah don't go cheap, just buy coilovers which are also cheap...:lol:

orrrrr save your money and buy something worthwhile.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You have to drive slow no matter what.. Its not a truck.... My car is not bouncy at all nor is it stiff... But my springs I don't even remember what they are... But as far as time, like i said if your not slamming it, I personally think it will be just fine....

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
This guy is hilarious. Yes your shocks will blow much faster. My friend has eBay sleeves on his 4 door EG and the spring rates are all f**ked up. There like different at every corner.