Is my car considered rare?

4doorSpoon

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I don't feel special anymore :( JK. I can honestly say though, I have yet to see any civic out there with interior as perfect as this. I bought the OEM floor mats to complete the inside. I'll have to post some pictures soon.

Ryan

Listerman

CCSC #52
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
interesting thread.... i have come to believe my 92 4door ex is rare! stock ABS and rear discs. last year to made in Japan(cool little Honda of Japan badge under the hood) and also known as an EH9. oh and i forgot about the ohsoJDM tan interior that is perfect as well.

EDIT

pics:
the tiny rear STOCK discs:

the badge:

the recent accident dmg:

and the ride before the accident:

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buzzbombtom said:
well one ot the rarest civics i can think of in that year was what i used to own it was an EX-a in 94 they started to do the abs in the coupes but not very many at all had them, i had it . this means that you get stock rear disc too in a coupe. its not like a dimond or anything its still a honda but it was more rare than a civic that has near perfect int. sorry.
rare means not common. and what you described is fairly common.
buzzbombtom said:
no he does not have what i was "bragging" about. what i am saying is that a STOCK abs in 94 in the coupe was a rare thing. i did not say that it was rare. i said it was more rare. like has been said many times in this thread THERE ARE NO RARE CIVICS.
So you are contidicting yourself? :what:

4doorSpoon

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Listerman said:
interesting thread.... i have come to believe my 92 4door ex is rare! stock ABS and rear discs. last year to made in Japan(cool little Honda of Japan badge under the hood) and also known as an EH9. oh and i forgot about the ohsoJDM tan interior that is perfect as well.

EDIT

pics:
the tiny rear STOCK discs:

the badge:

the recent accident dmg:

and the ride before the accident:

Very nice car man. Now your car is rare. Wanna sell me the rims?! :lol:

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i suppose i am. just saying in the terms of "rare" that he gives there would be a lot more rare civics in the world i am saying that its not even rare if its a stock car. do you see what i am saying now frodo?. and then to Listerman i did not say that your car was rare. your car SHOULD HAVE rear disc stock. its an ex 4door. that was the normal for those.

Listerman

CCSC #52
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it wasnt normal for all ex civics to have rear disc or abs. only a few years had this stock. i didnt mean to say that after reading this thread i have come to believe my civic is rare. i have always believed its rare :P

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok sorry. yeah in 94 it was pretty common for a 4dr to have abs. but only the ex-a coupe has abs in a coupe or hatch.

Listerman

CCSC #52
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HA.... mines a 92! coupes werent made that year in the US! :P not a fan of coupes anyway

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in 92? my friend had a 92 coupe till he put it into a puddle

Listerman

CCSC #52
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
uhmm then your friend lies to you..... thanks to http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2049/
like i said in 92 coupes didnt exist yet in the US!

1992-95 Honda Civic: Highlights

Restyling of Honda's front-drive subcompact for 1992 brought the demise of the prior generation's station wagon. But 2-door hatchbacks and 4-door sedans returned with a standard driver-side airbag. Sedans rode a slightly longer wheelbase than hatchbacks. A 102-horsepower, 1.5-liter 4-cylinder went into DX and LX models. The top-rung EX 4-door carried a 1.6-liter four with variable valve timing, plus antilock brakes. Other models included the base CX with a 70-horsepower, 1.5-liter four, a miserly new VX that featured a 92-horsepower engine, and a sporty Si with a higher-output 1.6-liter four and standard antilock braking.

Year-to-Year Changes
1993 Honda Civic: A notchback Civic Coupe joined the other two bodies for '93, in midrange DX and upscale EX trim, and a passenger-side airbag was available in the EX as part of an option group.

1994 Honda Civic: A passenger-side airbag went into all Civics for '94, and antilock braking became available on additional models. The LX gained 14-inch tires, while DX Civics stayed with 13-inch.

1995 Honda Civic: With a complete redesign awaiting the 1996 model year, the carryover Civics went to dealerships without further change.

Listerman

CCSC #52
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well then thats 1/1 92 coupe in the world he wrecked. find somewhere that tells me the coupe existed. i promise you it didnt. you can fix my car for me if you'd like cause ill take on any bet.

ok ok it could have been produced in 92 because they do make cars in 2006 that are labeled 2007 but it is not and was not considered a 1992 Honda Civic COUPE. they just dont exist

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you see, you just said it. it WAS made in 92.5 the production run of this car was 92 that is what the tag said on the door jam. so to my knowlage it was a 92 coupe.

Listerman

CCSC #52
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright but even you know its not considered a 92. thats like saying i own a 2006 Dodge CAliber..... except they dont exist sooo why would you say you have a 92 coupe? thats just ignorant in my opinion

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If my memory serves me correct Honda made 986,000 eg hatchbacks.... give or take 1k. Those that tell you how rare they are ??

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i also should point out that the pink slip says 92 as well. dono what to do now? but it is what it is. lets jsut say it was an error and call it even?

absinthe5765

5+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
only way its rare is if it don't have a bunch of rust on the rear 1/4 ;)
Wow my car must be worth a fortune... Its nice and rusty on the only part that I cant buy a new one of.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
car looks dope before the accident mang.

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My '93 SI interior.

Just got a '93 SI for $500 and the interior is mint with the exception of the dash it got crack in the accident.and also whoever took out the radio broke part of the dash. Is a lot easier to find a nice interior for the 5th generation Civic than to find out a nice body without any rust on the 1/4 panels.