Is my Si slow?

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
EM1's are clean, they look a lot nicer than stock Base Model Civics. And they are faster than them too, be happy. Your expecting too much from basic bolt ons. Try upgrading your deck.

Add this,

snm95ls

5+ Year Member
It is a relatively stock B16 in a relatively heavy car.

What do you really expect?

cvnig89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont feel bad , its a honda lol. My ls hatch was decent, running rich, lost half a car to a gsr hatch( he couldnt launch, but he doesnt want to admit it lol) and about a car to a ls hatch that ran close to 15 flat. If you really need the power build for boost.

brent_si™

Ballers roll 20+ psi
5+ Year Member
Just put some money into your si. When mine just had a intake, full exhaust, and clutch/flywheel I was running a 14.9. I got my motor built recently and did a turbo kit. I put about $3100 into it and went from 151whp to 406whp. Ran a 11.86 1/4 mile. Beating all these new camaro's, vette's, and mustang's is funny.

sohcvtec91hatch

5+ Year Member
If you think your car is slow where your at you should try racing here. We are at 4600ft and most Si's with i/h/e run anywhere from mid 16's to low 17's, as a matter of fact one guy I know had the above mods and threw on a set of slicks and was only able to muster up a 16.4. So quit saying 16 flat is slow. I'd love my car to even see 16's (lil sohc).

19dmann90

5+ Year Member
Its not that your car is slow its just running a 6 speed gts celica thats been opened up that much its just gonna seem slow,,, them cars are pretty quik when you have all them mods done to it. my budy had one intown with similar mods and chipped and it ran 14.2

19dmann90

5+ Year Member
Okay, I tried to go through your post to try to understand it a bit more, but I'm still sort of lost.

So, what exactly do you mean by saying that you're going to get a "new header two inch inlet two and a half inch outlet". Are you saying you're going to bore out your exhaust ports?

The lack of punctuation in that last bit you wrote in particular makes your message very difficult to understand.

Besides that though, the 1999 Honda Civic Si only has a quarter mile time (stock) of about 15.7 seconds and a 0-60 time of about 7.5 seconds. Meanwhile, the 2002 Toyota Celica GTS has a quarter mile time (stock) of about 15.6 seconds and a 0-60 time of about 7.3 seconds. (Source.)

None of the mods on those cars are really going to increase the performance of either car much.

Don't ever put it past yourself that perhaps the driver of the Celica is just a better driver than you at this point in time.

I wouldn't waste the time, effort or risk of your life (or anyone else's) to find out which would turn out better in a street race though. Read up, learn about modifications that will actually make your car quicker if that is indeed what you're looking for and then go from there.

If the guy's a douche, he's a douche. You won't change that even if you win.

My god, stop spending money on the car and go back to school.

"Shifting is like unwraping candle"? What‽ How do you unwrap a candle‽ How is it like shifting gears in a manual transmission on a car‽
:what::smackself:haha::rotflmfao:

dude, you done flew off your rocker and blew a gasket if you think installing an intake, intake mani, header, full exhaust, chipped ecu, short shifter, stage 3 clutch isnt gonna help power at all on either car. all this has been dyno proven to add power. you need to lay off the crack and pull your head out of your ass and either go to mechanics school or do some real research before posting funky s**t like that. no offense, just saying. still friends? lol

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Its not that your car is slow its just running a 6 speed gts celica thats been opened up that much its just gonna seem slow,,, them cars are pretty quik when you have all them mods done to it. my budy had one intown with similar mods and chipped and it ran 14.2
:what::smackself:haha::rotflmfao:

dude, you done flew off your rocker and blew a gasket if you think installing an intake, intake mani, header, full exhaust, chipped ecu, short shifter, stage 3 clutch isnt gonna help power at all on either car. all this has been dyno proven to add power. you need to lay off the crack and pull your head out of your ass and either go to mechanics school or do some real research before posting funky s**t like that. no offense, just saying. still friends? lol
Don't worry, man. I'm not mad.

See, I know exactly why I don't think that adds a lot of power and you think it does. See, you think a 14.2 is fast. I don't. Even an '05 Mustang GT is faster than that stock (13.5) and those aren't even that quick.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
cannot believe this thread is still going, dudes.

the "unwrapping a candle" comment still makes me :rolf:

jdmdv

5+ Year Member
i wouldnt say that your SI is slow...yes you would get gts on bottom end but not on top, gts does have alot more power and with the mod he has hes probably around 200ish maybe,....just slap on turbo and race him again, tell him his gts is slow...

Thebearded_1

Total n00b
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i cant even be mean, because i got a warning from a mod for being mean about this dudes threads, but anyway.... x3 billy

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
simple. K series.
I smoked 2 k swapped civics at the drag strip with my jdm b18c w/ bolt ons untuned swapped ej6. K's aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Kid i know of has a turbo rsx type s, on 9 psi, 250whp on the dyno.