is putting a cam gear worth it??

ekcoupe98

How much time and money does it really take to put a cam gear on a d16z6 and is it really worth it??
will i feel the difference?? I already have an aftermarket cam gear and cam shaft but im not sure if its really worth it.

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
If you use it with the cam and have it tuned properly then yes. But if your going to just leave it at 0 degrees then no your wont know the difference.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
If you install a cam, you need a cam gear to install it. This is more true for a DOHC than a SOHC though. Take into account that the second that cam is on, you should be dialing it in. However, because it's a SOHC engine, the intake and exhaust events will always happen at a set gap no matter what degree you dial in. Because of this, when dialing in the cam, you will notice that the more advanced you are, the more torque you have, but will in turn lose top end because both intake and exhaust events will be advanced at the same exact degree. The more retarded you go, you will notice the more top end you will gain, but you will lose bottom end. This is where you decide what is your preference since you will be trading hp for torque or torque for hp.

ekcoupe98

am i going to need any special tools to install??