Is the $70 Advance Auto axle any good?

Dale_K

I've got a click sound in my driver's side when I take off or slow down and I was thinking about replacing the axle. Has anybody used the $70 axle from Advance Auto parts? I checked at AutoZone and their computer system said axles weren't available but Advance has the $70 unit in stock. It has a lifetime warranty.

I've read the thread about axles pulling out because they're too short and I don't want any of that, although I'd plan to take the old one down and compare them before opening my wallet.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
all aftermarket parts should work the same when it comes to axles. buying and dont sweat it. I buy aftermarket axles all the time. they wear out over time so you have to replace them again in a few years. i have bought like 3 axles in total withing the lifetime of my 97 civic.

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have replaced my autozone ones twice in past month. First one kept popping out. It is always the passenger side that breaks or pops out on me. Now im just getting Drive Shaft Shop axles.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Yeah, they are hit or miss. My friend got some that made noises and the one didn't even fit in the tranny. I would stick with oem or aftermarket.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if they have a lifetime warranty then id say buy it

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine have never had issues in terms of fitness. The first one i got, did rattle a bit, but it was only for a few days then it was back to normal. the last one i replaced was a year ago, and thats because the bearings went out and my mechanic recommended also replacing the axle. It was in good condition, but i just listened to his advise. dont sweat it and get aftermarket. they should have at least a 90 day warranty. that way you could bust hard U turns and test that bad boy out. or thats just what i did, haha.

prince5325

you guys pay alot for axles, i pay $50 for new axles at advance auto parts, no core charge.

but i have a commercial account, so maybe thats why i got $20 Discount ..........

lil95ex

honestly if its got a lifetime warranty go for it i got a lifetime on my front brake pads and i go through those like no other i get my moneys worth but the cv axle having a lifetime warranty just go for it dont sweat if its bad and messes up or needs to be replaced as long as your driving the car go back and get another