Is this a fair deal?

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just keep in mind, it's a 13 year old Honda Civic. I know I know, it's an Si, it's rare, low mileage. But you're paying a lot of money for a car that's not so great. You can almost buy an S2000 for that much. Yes, S2000's are getting that cheap now. And we all know S2000's are bulletproof.
I know that its alot of money, but I plan to have this car until I die or something tragic happens in my life. Plus, as much as I would love an S2K, it wouldn't do me much good as a student in varying colleges.

I agree with John. It sounds to me like people in this thread are over enamored by 50K miles and willing to over pay for a Civic, which is just a common economy car for the masses. That's why the Civic is so popular and has led to the creation of many active Civic forums, such as CC. In my opinion, if you can't buy the Si in the OP for $7.5K or less, then walk away and keep looking. There are so MANY Civic deals out there. Don't throw your money away.
I wish I could only do 7.5k but I've searched so many times around my area and even hours away from me, and come up with nothing. This is one of the only Si's left around where I live.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
I would probably buy something different for 10k.. You could get so much more than a stock SI.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That price is too high, yeah it's low mileage but on something like a Civic mileage isn't really that big of an issue.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea. I'm leaning towards not getting it. One of my friends told me that the car is more of a collection piece than a daily. I guess I will keep looking.

ek4kat

5+ Year Member
I would buy that s**t in a heartbeat. Em1 ebp si are getting rare since more than half of them are either salvaged or have high mileage. That thing is a keeper. Swoop it up bro. Trust me you won't regret it.

ek4kat

5+ Year Member
No one buys cars from reading how much it's worth on kbb. They just estimate how much it's worth. I had a 97 ex and kbb told me it was worth 3000. I end up selling the car for 4500. So I know that kbb is bullsh&t

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still say that if had the money, i would buy it and keep it bone stock and hold on to it for ten years or so...

Take cash and wave 8k in front of his face.

I guess im in a different situation than most and wouldnt be looking to buy this for a daily driver though...

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
I agree with John. It sounds to me like people in this thread are over enamored by 50K miles and willing to over pay for a Civic, which is just a common economy car for the masses. That's why the Civic is so popular and has led to the creation of many active Civic forums, such as CC. In my opinion, if you can't buy the Si in the OP for $7.5K or less, then walk away and keep looking. There are so MANY Civic deals out there. Don't throw your money away.

RonJ sometimes i swear your the voice of all reason.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No one buys cars from reading how much it's worth on kbb. They just estimate how much it's worth. I had a 97 ex and kbb told me it was worth 3000. I end up selling the car for 4500. So I know that kbb is bullsh&t
Was your car modified? If so KBB won't account for that obviously and even though it wasn't technically worth more than 3k, if the buyer saw value in what you had put into the car then it makes sense that you sold it for 4.5. In this case, the car is bone stock so it makes a lot of sense to go by KBB. Most people won't pay more than what KBB has listed, if you do, that's just foolish. It's not perfect but it is the most accepted standard out there.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I'm not sure if you all know, but I have been on the search for another EM1 since I sold my previous one. I have been through many neighborhoods, both sketchy and respected, in vain. However, I have stumbled upon a gem.

A 99 EBP with 49,500 original miles, the lowest in the country. Everything is stock on the car and has been garage kept with regular maintainence and no rust. I have called the owner and made a good first impression.

The ultimate question is, however, how much to pay. He is asking $11,400. That's alot. I asked him what was the highest bid he turned down, and he said it was 10k.

Is it worth putting forth more effort to buy the car, or should I quit while I'm ahead? What is a fair price to offer?

Thanks in advance.

-Dominick

He turned it down because it was an email offer.

To go his house, with a briefcase, put $8000 cash in the briefcase. as soon as he opens his door, open the briefcase. Tell him "8 thousand cash right now, take or leave it"

If he goes for it, you got the car.
If he says no, Take the money and go buy a S2000.

Edit:

If S2000 is not what your looking for, keep searchign, good luck.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It all depends what the car means to you. that;s all.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Low miles means it was driven less, but does not tell how it was driven. Better yet it does not tell how it was maintained.

This one you can get for 5-6k. Specially since it needs to Sell Fast. Again. Please use my Briefcase method i stated above. Bring $6000 cash.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k no. way to much. you could fully build a civic for that much.

im in college, and i would rock the f**k out of a s2k. college isnt that long compared to how long you will have the car. i know people in college with s2ks and have no problems lol