Is this a good deal? (B18b swap)

DocShay

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okat this local shop says they can do a B18B swap, and change my car from auto to manual, all parts labor ect ect for $2500.00.

Is this a good deal? Take into consideration i'm from Canada...so prices may be a little higher than what you pay down in the states

Bruckhoff_34

Built not baught
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Doesn't seem like to bad of a price to me considering the labor.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thats a rip off for an ls swap, the most i got quoted for a. OBD2 b18 swap was $1900 or $1200 and let them keep my y8 and tranny to sell, or 2600 for clean b16 swap

JDMNorth

Work In Progress.
5+ Year Member
yea man, in toronto you can get a B16 swap for 2600, with new clutch, timing belt, waterpump and all that good s**t, labor in complete for 2600.

But they are converting it to manual, and i have no idea how much that costs, or the time it takes.

DocShay

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't want to start a huge argument, but i've always thought (and been told by the locals here) that a B18 is better...they were all talking about B18A1 and A5's though - They told me B16 is only about a 20 increase in torque from the Y8 I have...

Again, not trying to fight/argue - just looking for some input.

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
$2500 for labor? Not included motor, am i correct? thats pretty high. @prostreet, they charge around $1400 for B16, B18,&B17

DocShay

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
$2500 for labor? Not included motor, am i correct? thats pretty high. @prostreet, they charge around $1400 for B16, B18,&B17
No, no no, 2500$ for ALL PARTS for the AT to Manual swap, Motor, Tran, EVERYTHING And labor included in that price.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In my area, $2500 for a B18B swap including all parts and labor a long with a Auto -> Manual swap would seem fair. Depending on the mileage of the motor and condition, it's pretty decent.

And USDM B16A2's only have about 3/4 ft. lbs of torque over a D16Y8. Regardless of the 160HP, the 111 torque is what kills it.

And the B18A1 and the B18B are pretty much the same engine, it's just the A1 was found in 90-93 teg's with slightly less power / torque. Dunno on the actual technical specs (internals and s**t) but I think overall, they're the same engine.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the difference in power between the a1, and b1 is the camshafts. 10 more hp or about 2-3 whp.

JDMNorth

Work In Progress.
5+ Year Member
go with a Gs-r.

In toronto I got quoted $3000 to take my B16 out of my car and swap it with a Gs-r motor(B18c1)

Probably just end up doing it myself because everything is wired up and ready to go, just straight remove and install.

A fair price would be around 3800 for a Gs-r installed with a auto-manual swap.

Shops in toronto charge not more then $800 for an install.

jonmaltese6thg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i got a deal,,, 2000$ for a complete obd2 b18b(94-01 integras) swap with new clutch and labour,, i had it installed at jdmracingmotors.com here in montreal

Ls-HatchBoy

Honda Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
2,500 for a complete swap isnt bad at all considering where you live, and also doing the auto to manuel swap too. It's not to incredibley hard to do, but you do have to know what your doing. I would find out as much specs. about the motor and trans they are putting in. Also what type of mounts? linkage? are they hacking your harness? or putting a full LS one in?... ive only done EF swaps with b series so i dont know if the harness still needs to be changed. Also the ECU... check EVERYTHING!! its your money, do what you want... but make sure that before you have them do all this work to your car they are not putting s**t parts into it. Hasport mounts alone are around 300-400, unless their going to put Ebay ones in that are like 50 bucks that i would not trust.... Im just saying be careful man.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The price isn't bad, however I'd consider a different motor.