is this ecu chipped

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not that I can see, the bottom right hand corner is normally where people socket and chip the ECU

BRAK54

come getcha some
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no vtec never kicked in and the car is thowing a code 14 and jerks at 1500 rpm like 2step i replaced the dizzy iacv and tps

i thought it was a wire so i ran new wires to the iacv and still nothing i hooked it up to a 12v and it clicks i just tested the wire from the ecu A9 and nothing im guessing maybe the ecu is bad. does anyone know if ecu wire a9 should have power when the car is running

97ek_coupe

is vtec even wired up? sounds like they swapped in the z6 and just plugged in the non vtec wiring harness with the non vtec ecu. the p06 will run that engine, but with those exact symptoms.

is your iacv wire three wires or two? if it is three wires then you will need to do the three wire to two wire iacv conversion. there is a writeup on that somewhere around here, or honda-tech i believe.

sounds dumb, but is your vtec solenoid and pressure switch even wired to the ecu?

i dont know about the z6, considering i have y8, but if then engine was automatic, and i believe nonvtec it will come with a three wire iacv

BRAK54

come getcha some
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
is vtec even wired up? sounds like they swapped in the z6 and just plugged in the non vtec wiring harness with the non vtec ecu. the p06 will run that engine, but with those exact symptoms.

is your iacv wire three wires or two? if it is three wires then you will need to do the three wire to two wire iacv conversion. there is a writeup on that somewhere around here, or honda-tech i believe.

sounds dumb, but is your vtec solenoid and pressure switch even wired to the ecu?

i dont know about the z6, considering i have y8, but if then engine was automatic, and i believe nonvtec it will come with a three wire iacv

the iacv is 2 wire, and i checked and the vtec noid and pressure switch are also hooked up and i tested both noids and they both click when hooked too a 12v supply