Is upgrading to a 2000 Civic Si the best choice?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so your not selling the dx? i thought you were

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, I'm selling the DX. Let me explain.
Right now I've got the Enkei wheels on my DX. I will be putting them on the SI and selling the DX with the stock SI wheels and tires. I still have the stock DX wheels under the house (without tires), but I will probably get some snow tires for Christmas and then I'll put those tires on the stock DX wheels as a second set of wheels/tires. I go snowboarding during the winter and I don't want to be driving in the mountains with the Enkei's and low profile tires and hence the reason for a second backup set of wheels.

Maybe that makes more sense now...hehe.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alrighty, gotcha now. i would put the dx's back on the dx, sell the si's for like 400 bucks, buy some steelies for like a hundred, and then you'll have 300 extra to buy something for the new car.....but your plan works too

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
alrighty, gotcha now. i would put the dx's back on the dx, sell the si's for like 400 bucks, buy some steelies for like a hundred, and then you'll have 300 extra to buy something for the new car.....but your plan works too
i was just going to suggest that.

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Decisions, decisions! Haha. I don't even have the car yet and I'm trying to figure out what to do with wheels. Here's the problem with just selling the DX with the DX wheels... I have no tires on them. That's why if I got snow tires it'd work out perfectly.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh i thought the dx wheels had tires on them...whatever my brain hurts, do what you want lol

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
oh i thought the dx wheels had tires on them...whatever my brain hurts, do what you want lol
So I was looking at the pictures of your car. Did you replace the entire front end? I really like how you added the foglights (?). What's the deal with all of that?

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The car is now in my possession and I've had the chance to drive it even more. The SI definitely has a lot more pick-up than the DX. It's been a lot more fun to drive so far. I'm still not totally used to it, but I think that'll happen quickly. I'll probably start switching my equipment from one car to the other in the next week so that I can start getting the DX ready to sell. I'll try to remember to take pictures of both cars before and after if anybody is interested.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nickeleye said:
The car is now in my possession and I've had the chance to drive it even more. The SI definitely has a lot more pick-up than the DX. It's been a lot more fun to drive so far. I'm still not totally used to it, but I think that'll happen quickly. I'll probably start switching my equipment from one car to the other in the next week so that I can start getting the DX ready to sell. I'll try to remember to take pictures of both cars before and after if anybody is interested.
yeah get some pics... :P

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can I upload pics to the site somehow for free or do I have to pay? Or do I have to use an external source for the pics and link to them?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nickeleye said:
So I was looking at the pictures of your car. Did you replace the entire front end? I really like how you added the foglights (?). What's the deal with all of that?
lol, no i just bought some OEM fogs from hondahookup.com, you have to cut hols in the front bumper and wire it and stuff. i like them though, it looks a lot better w/ them in. the only hard part was the cutting if ur not good at it

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for image hosting
imageshack.us
tinypic.com
photobucket.com

all free, all very easy to use

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah, I had another question. When I was driving home last night (first night drive with the car) I noticed that when I turned on the turn signals the lights seemed to be a bright white color. I later found out that for some reason the turn signal lights are white and not orange. Is this normal or was some change made? I'm not sure how legal it is to have a white turn signal... not to mention I'm kind of old-fashioned (if you want to call it that) and like the orange signal.

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
go pick up some amber (orange) turn signals at autozone for 3 bucks. takes 5 min to change.

Last edited:

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GO SEDAN... Put a turbo on it.. new exhaust.. roll it on 17's-18's lower it. put a body kit/ new sideskirts, front lip, rear lip and call it a day..

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sedans are a no go for me. I prefer coupes. It's too late anyway since I've already got the new car. I'm also not a big fan of HUGE wheels. I prefer my 16's and would only go up to 17's at the most.

How does it only take 5 min. to replace the bulbs? Don't you have to take the entire light off to have access to the bubs? I noticed that the clear lens does snap off from the main light, but the amount of clearance around the edge of the light doesn't look like much and it looks like you could potentially break the caches on the lens. Then again, what do I know... I've never changed bulbs on these lights.