issues with the fuel system

x LJ x

100% HondaHead
my gas seems to burn out quickly and its getting annoying. i feel like im dring a v8 . fuel filter is clean i just changed it not to long ago. and on the gages where it shows how much gas i have , the little bar moves up and down depending on my speed. if i speed it up my gas goes down, i slow down it goes up and so on. and when its a little under half a tank it sometimes doesnt want to start. i think the fuel pump needs to go but does anyone got any input, thanks in advance guys

Gunner

Registered VIP
I would turn the key to on but not start and listen for your pump to prime...if it is good then...some things to check.

Spark plugs, wires, coil, injectors...these can all cause the car to run rough..also check simple stuff like air filter.
can you smell fuel at all when the car is running? could be running lean.
are you throwing any Codes?

x LJ x

100% HondaHead
I would turn the key to on but not start and listen for your pump to prime...if it is good then...some things to check.

Spark plugs, wires, coil, injectors...these can all cause the car to run rough..also check simple stuff like air filter.
can you smell fuel at all when the car is running? could be running lean.
are you throwing any Codes?
no. and no i havent been smelling fuel at all either. i changed my air filter like 2 months back and i did changed plugs and wires when i first got the car back in march. enless of course they could be bad already though. i havent checked the injectors or coil. would a good brand of plugs and wires help out with the gas ?? and btw, on hot days my ac doesnt want to blow cold air, any suggestions on that as well ?? thankss

Gunner

Registered VIP
The brand of plug should not matter that much in a way that would hurt your gas milage. And no they should not be bad after only 4 months.....As for the bar moving up and down that is the float.

well if no codes then its not the 02 sensor (bad 02 sensor would kill gas milage)
it could be your fuel regulator going bad..

I would get some injector cleaner and run that to clean out your injectors, this could fix the problem too.

You can pull one plug and see if it is Black and wet..this would be a sign of too much fuel.

i suggested the coil and other electrical stuff since you said it wouldnt start or had trouble starting.

Gunner

Registered VIP
OH and for the A/C does the compressor come on and its just that the air never gets cold or does it not blow air at all? If it just doesnt get cold you may need to recharge it.

x LJ x

100% HondaHead
OH and for the A/C does the compressor come on and its just that the air never gets cold or does it not blow air at all? If it just doesnt get cold you may need to recharge it.
the air does blow, it just doesnt blow cold. enless its like early in the morning or at night. but during a hot texas day it comes out sorta warm. i have to set the air to full blast just to feel a little bit fresh at least.

x LJ x

100% HondaHead
The brand of plug should not matter that much in a way that would hurt your gas milage. And no they should not be bad after only 4 months.....As for the bar moving up and down that is the float.

well if no codes then its not the 02 sensor (bad 02 sensor would kill gas milage)
it could be your fuel regulator going bad..

I would get some injector cleaner and run that to clean out your injectors, this could fix the problem too.

You can pull one plug and see if it is Black and wet..this would be a sign of too much fuel.

i suggested the coil and other electrical stuff since you said it wouldnt start or had trouble starting.[/QUOTE

i went out to buy some injector cleaner. i bought Lucas lubricant. i've never used this before, any instructions on the proper way to use it ?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
before you start blaming the engine and diagnosing issues i would get your fuel gauge working properly first...

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
diagnose your gauge or float system and get it working correctly so its not moving up and down all over the place