Itb

yorname988

5+ Year Member
do you guys know anything about ITB's. ive herd they compare with turbochargers. but ive done some research and see they only give a little bit of hp. do they have another purpose other than power? do you think its worth the 1500 for it? thanks.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yorname988 said:
do you guys know anything about ITB's. ive herd they compare with turbochargers. but ive done some research and see they only give a little bit of hp. do they have another purpose other than power? do you think its worth the 1500 for it? thanks.
ITBs are only worth it after alot of engine mods. their effictive range is 10,000RPM and up

red4

VW in the house...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i saw an article about building your own ITB's for a 97 EX coupe in Honda-Tuning, and after they tuned the car it gained an additional 40 hp for the ITB's.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
itb's are nothing like turbos, they work in completely different ways. itb's aren't something you can just bolt on and expect big gains, you have to have the whole package with itbs and the ability to tune them

vietnameeh

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ITBs are great.....but 1500....but then u gotta pay for tuning time.. but i must say ITBs sound beautiful

KoketsuCivicSi

MySpace Whore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a question as well. are they economical? like are they good for daily driving?

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no not really for daily driving, noisy, i've heard they can be tempermental with elevation change, and you lose low end

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
*moved*

they are sick if you are going N/A, but costly, and require a lot of tuning...

P0gKai

B20VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek said:
*moved*

they are sick if you are going N/A, but costly, and require a lot of tuning...
yeah for that price I opt go for turbo..

$1,500 for ITB alone..
+ bigger injectors
+ vaccum log
+ tps/map relocation if needed
+ filters
+ tunning

that's over $2,000.. with that I can get a Greddy turbo kit and have better results.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah but what about that N/A prestigue. mmmmmm n/a............