ITR Exhaust on an ek//

quincyb11

5+ Year Member
Heys guys!* I tried researching this but couldn't come up with some solid info.* I want to know if a factory Integra type r exhaust system can be mounted to an EK hatch?Would there be any modifications that need to be done?Thanks people!!!

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would think there would be cutting and welding need to make it fit properly. Nothing an exhaust shop can't do.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It bolts up to a coupe / sedan, but not a hatch. If you want bolt-on Type R exhaust, you need to get a CTR muffler.

ak_thrylls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can buy just the muffler/tip and have a muffler shop fab up the rest of the piping for the cat back

quincyb11

5+ Year Member
you can buy just the muffler/tip and have a muffler shop fab up the rest of the piping for the cat back
That would be a good idea but would that give me the same performance gains as opposed to using the the whole itr exhaust system?

ak_thrylls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes, just use the same diameter piping. Im not sure what the ITR piping diameter is but a quick search should yield you the answers.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
straight pipe it to a stock muffler ftw. i hate loud exhausts so if you can get a factory noise level with significant gains power to you my friend

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That would be a good idea but would that give me the same performance gains as opposed to using the the whole itr exhaust system?
No performance gains, or at least real noticeable ones.

3star-ek4

5+ Year Member
what about the GSR Full Cat back???..I heard they say that gsr full cat back exhaust fit on the ek hatch

Dre Da Kid

404 THE ATL
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can I use my apexi n1 catback from integra to put it on my EM1(ill have ls swap in my civic)?

Zzyzxek

5+ Year Member
apexi ws2 or HKS dragger are good lower key choices that offer good performance gains. im gunna get a dragger setup my skunk2 is just too loud and ricer and annoying.