10+ Year Member
interesting tail lights. diy i presume?

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like the new headlights.. i can dig it!

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks, tails are the depo LED aftermarket housings, no diy. well, except the strobe flasher i installed =) upper mount brake is from the 8thgen EX coupe. and the signals are philips silvervision 7440 front and rear. fogs are aftermarket bmw projectors with H3 halogen bulb.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks great man..! Nice and clean.!

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats a clean 7th Gen four door. :thumbs up Go loooower! ;)

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good, haven't seen you around in a while

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How did you do the 8th gen third brake light?

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i bought the piece from 2007 civic EX coupe. must be this model if you want the red lens with 6 snapleds (150ma) leds. if you want the clear lens with more superflux, get the 8thgen hybrid assembly. its about $65 from honda. wires need to be cut and spliced, and the piece needs to be secured. i used silicone. physically the piece fits perfect in the stock deck shape, but the clips will not line up to snap it on. so you gotta glue it. and i also put a diode on the power line to drop the voltage about 1.5v since on the housing it says max 13.5v and the alternator was giving it 14.2v so yeah. its not as bright but the leds will last longer without being overpowered.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you still rocking the pink led's inside? that s**t was hot. that was you right?

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pink leds lol no. i made that for a friend of mine. my current interior is orange leds in the dash and matching cluster and radio. dome lights are amber led.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my bad i thought that was your car. well that was a while back. anyway, i wish i had that kinda of electircal savy...but alas i do not. i really like the led them from the rear. those tails really flow with the upper brake light. it's details like that, that really make a ride special. anything new in power production or you just keeping it straight style for now?

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have some good power parts like the usual i/h/e, i know it doesnt do much but they sound nice lol. ive gone down that path a bit too far and ended up spending alot of $$ for fixing crap that broke. so id rather have reliability and focus more on looks. next summer hid retrofit is in the works.

heres a bay shot. weapon-r intake, jet coated dc header, and rsr exhaust. plus a few other lil things like denso iridium plugs and that hvs-gt box. and some lighter rims. im not really into going fast anymore. and i like focusing on the details, which is why it doesnt always look like alot of mods even tho there are things normal people wouldnt notice. ive learned so much from working on the car and even alot of stuff that didnt work was useful.