its been a while...

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its been a while, just thought i would come back and say hey.

finally started to mod the wrx...

for performance:
aem ram air
stealth fx bov
grounding kit
helix up pipe
helix down pipe
bosal cat back
cobb accessport running a stage 2 fuel map

for visual:
seibon cf hood
cf sti scoop
morette color matched projectors

for sound (not installed yet):
pold momo 10" sub
powered by bazooka 500 watt amp

here is my cardomain for further pics and info: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/810511

i just beat an sti tonight on the interstate as well :mrgreen:

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
howd you beat an sti with only those mods?????????? he mustve missed a gear...

I love the ride though man... NICE.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
um...you so totally put this in the wrong place lol

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i am a member...

no it was a pull from 4th... so he couldn't have missed a gear :P the em helps out a ton, higher rev limiter, higher boost (15.5 lbs), more fuel, and corrects the improper af ratio from the intake

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
big_dan said:
well i am a member...

no it was a pull from 4th... so he couldn't have missed a gear :P
so you are telling me that your up/down pipe, cat back, fuel map got you 80HP? Im sorry, I dont buy it.

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
so you are telling me that your up/down pipe and the cat back got you 80HP? Im sorry, I dont buy it.
engne management... reade closly

cobb accessport running a stage 2 map, but believe it or not the turbo back + the up pipe will get about 50 hp to the crank. look up the numbers your self...

http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/images/ae-stage2-dyno.jpg

(and thats without the up pipe which nets about 10-15 hp from the cat delete)

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow, well, cool.....although i still cant believe it. I mean thats 73HP you are giving up!

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wait a sec..... how does a 227hp motor only put down 170 to the wheels?

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got a little nervous... 140 with stock tires can be a little sketchy lol

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Wait a sec..... how does a 227hp motor only put down 170 to the wheels?
awd... thats 170 to all 4 tires

and hey what happened to my posts lol... i was up passed 1000 when i left :lol:

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its members rides with a link to cardomain for pics.... you can bite me

its people like you that give places like this a bad name, you get all pissy about some stupid crap that doesn't matter, throw around names and insults but dont have the balls to back it up on the streets or meet up and things like that.... ive seen it a million times

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you don't get it, do you? You are suppose to post IN IN IN IN IN IN IN the section labeled "OTHER".....

Didnt you happen to notice how you are the ONLY ONE (besides 2 stickies) that posted where you did? Just admit you were wrong and get it through your thick skull...that's all I ask.

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all i ask is to be a little nicer about it... theres no reason to get all pissy and start calling people retards over a misplaced topic

im a mod on a subie forum and you know what i do when theres a misplaced topic... i add my reply to the topic at hand, say hey man wrong section tho, and move it... to being a little bish about it

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coming from another subie driver (05 wrx) Cobb stage 2+ CAN but not always take out an STI. A cobb stage 2 wrx is TOTALLY different car. So is a Stage 2 STi ;) (got to ride in one this weekend) There is a few stage 2's that run 13.3ish on clubwrx and that CAN beat some STi's.

Subaru drivetrain tends to lose 20% of the hp. 227 wrx dyno around 175 and 300hp STi around 225-240, but every dyno is different.

BTW big dan, i just purchased my Cobb AP and am planning to purchase my SPT catback and invidia up and downpipes within the end of the month. I might even have Dan at Godspeed use the pro-tuner on my car...im debating though.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he posted here so he the thread can get more attention, duh....who the hell goes in the "other's" section...?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
so you are telling me that your up/down pipe, cat back, fuel map got you 80HP? Im sorry, I dont buy it.
you do realize the car is f**king turbo'ed right??? dipshit... think about it. . . just cuz he added bolt-ons doesn't mean that is where the HP comes from... f**kin idiot

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BoxinEJ20 said:
coming from another subie driver (05 wrx) Cobb stage 2+ CAN but not always take out an STI. A cobb stage 2 wrx is TOTALLY different car. So is a Stage 2 STi ;) (got to ride in one this weekend) There is a few stage 2's that run 13.3ish on clubwrx and that CAN beat some STi's.

Subaru drivetrain tends to lose 20% of the hp. 227 wrx dyno around 175 and 300hp STi around 225-240, but every dyno is different.

BTW big dan, i just purchased my Cobb AP and am planning to purchase my SPT catback and invidia up and downpipes within the end of the month. I might even have Dan at Godspeed use the pro-tuner on my car...im debating though.
ive got a friend that has a stage 2 with a turbo back he just put on his sti, i wanna try to get a ride sometime. after this summer, when i can afford the vf34, some pinks, and a new ic. i should be whippin up on sti's no prob :mrgreen:

man you will love the ap, its a whole new car