Ive got a situation and i really need your help(ODB, B16)

Kenzo

5+ Year Member
Okay lemme give you the low down.

Ive got a 1991 Civic DX hatch with a B16a. Its RUNNING RICH and VALVES ARE RE-TAPPING

Its running rich and vavles are tapping. I just had them adjusted but went back to tapping once i got home.(HELP?)

but the real deal is that the guys at the shop said im running a OBD2ecu on a OBD1 car. I thought that EF's were OBD0. I have some pictures to show whats up. I don't know when i thought i did.

before the mess...can i plug the original ECU in with NO PROBLEM..or what do i need to do to do that...???

the pictures.

The ECU harness

Random Wires going to ecu..i think..

DIzzy Wiring

Wires (left to right) firewall to engine bay

Really curious what this is on the Intake Manifold

Fuse box

Loop of wires by tranny

HELP ME. try to define everything by the wire color...?

i just really wanna know what i have to do to plug and play the original ECU back in

THANK YOU

Kenzo

5+ Year Member
bump

do i need a boomslang conversion? obd2 to obd1?

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ODB? old dirty bastard?

Kenzo

5+ Year Member
haha no. if cc wont help im going 30 miles to intec...

orioncivic

5+ Year Member
the thing on the itm is a idle asist that is vacuum powered if it isnt hooked up you really dont need it. as for the wiring it is to much of a spagetti mess to make any sense of it id either rewire it all with a new wire harness to clean things up or start makeing a good list of what color and where it goes. your dizzy is obd 0 so the wire harness is obd 0 in the engine bay it is possible that you have a rewire to obd 2 at the ecu but again id rewire for obd1 and be done with it.

lsvtecEK4

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that ecu appears to be obd0. can i get a full shot of the ECU and where the harness plugs in please?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I suggest you replace both the inner and outer harnesses. you can get them cheap from a pull a part type location