Jarret's 407 EJ1 Turbo, and the long road

JarretZ6

hey guys, i have been lurking these forums for about ten months now. Gaining alot of knowledge. I figured it was time for to start my own thread. Im 18 years old, and ive been in the game for about a year and a half now. Majority of my time and money go into my civic.
But, before i had my lovely civic. Ill tell you of my circumstances of being in the game.
I inherited money from my great grandma who passed away. I was driving a 2007 hyundai accent at this time. Black rims. straight pipe exhaust. and i thought it was the s***. I was at my friends house, and i saw this Integra. And i know at this point, with the money i inherited. i had to have that car. I went to the dealer that day. i put a down payment on it, and some how convinced my dad to let me get it. I paid about 3500$ for my first integra, which was a 1999 integra GSR. But i didnt know the difference. It came from the dealer slammed on ground control coils. With wwhite track r's. My first time popping vtec, and screaming to 8,000rpm was insane.
But, the one downfall. It had s*** tires. and i didnt have enough money for tires. so i was waiting for my next check. 10 days later. It was raining really hard. since i live in florida. i thought nothing of it. Was driving to dinner with my friends, was just cruising at 25, shifted into third and hit a giant puddle of water at the exact moment. It was dark, and i wasnt really used to the car. I spun out, and ended up wrapping her on the driver side along the tree.

Somehow, i got out relatively unscathed. im not sure, since the whole driver side was crushed. I have permant back injuries, and pretty much deteriorated most of my left side of my body. But i was alive, and to me that was all that matters.

Im sorry for my novel of writing, but it has been long overdue of me posting.

in my hurt state. i wanted to build another car. so i parted out the GSR. and came into a CRX. WHAT A PIECE OF s***. The worst thing ive ever done in my life. Was an HX, with the whole bottom of the car rusting out(in florida). it had no bumper supports, and rust everywhere. but i had the can-do-it attitude.

Eventually i gave up, and sold it for cheap.

Then i bought my first Civic, a Black EJ1. And for the last six months ive poured everything i could that a teenager can do from it. I got it relatively stock, with just headers and lowering springs.

Heres how she sits now.

Now. To the mod list.

Engine:
ARP head studs.
Low compression head gasket.
Skunk2 Intake Manifold.
CXracing Turbo kit.
Skunk2 Megapower exhaust (yes, on a single cam) with blox racing test pipe

Suspension:
Tein S-tech springs.
Autozone shocks ;(
CUSCO front and rear Strut bars.

Misc:
Mugen oil cap.
Skunk2 shifter
15" drag dr34 (i havent really seen these much in 15")

It isnt much, but for the road i have taken. To me it is a big payout, and a big joy to enjoy this civic.
Please chime in with thoughts, comments, or suggestions.

JarretZ6

I have yet to get it dyno'd. But the tuners estimate is around 200 on 7 pounds.

JarretZ6

Im in the process of cleaning up and tucking what i can in the bay right now. Sorry for the clutter!

ej1lover

Damn dude I'm sorry to hear about your accident.

CLEAN ASS EJ1!

Isn't cxracing an ebay kit? How is the kit too? Have you had any problems?

JarretZ6

Thanks for the clean comments. The kit is ok, it didn't come with one of the oil fittings and I had to fab the intercooler piping where it was supposed to be bolt on. They had shitty customer service, I even had to grind down the manifold to fit my power steering. When it was supposed to be power steering friendly.

And yes, 3500 for a 99 gsr from the dealer, he had no clue what he was doing. I talked him down 1,000$.

But unfortunately, she might have blown up tonight, let her warm up at work, took her out, drove home nice an normal
Got half way home, and now it's making a horrible rattling noise. But, My timing belt was on the way Out,
So im really hoping it was just the timing belt.

Honestly if it blew up this fast and I really haven't stomped the s**t out of it everywhere, time for another gsr or a

JarretZ6

yeah, unfortunately whoever had the car before me put the rod ends on backwards, so i spun two rod bearings. So this is gonna turn into my build thread tomorrow!
the plan:
New wastegate
Eagle H Beams
Vitara Pistons
ACL race bearings
Block honed

and some other stuff. im looking to up the boost after all this, and hopefully put her on a dyno, it just sucks i didnt really know 100% what the car was putting out on the stock 8 pounds, and she was only tuned for 4 days until she blew ;/

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
Damn that sucks man. Thats the tough part...knowing how strong and healthy your motor is. I am def. gonna get a spare motor just incase I blow mines. I just bought someones old setup. Plan to put it on next week. Good luck on the rebuild. Ill be tuned in for sure.