jdm air bag block off tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this might be a stupid question and I might be flamed for it but I could care less.

but does the air bag tray remove the entire air bag or only the top part in the dash?? thanks!

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The entire air bag.

so, that means no srs for the passenger, or yourself.

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah the entire airbag system is ceased, so while you are at it you might as well add a quick release steering wheel.
and what are the legality issues with this, just curious

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CiVIcCFAsST said:
yeah the entire airbag system is ceased, so while you are at it you might as well add a quick release steering wheel.
and what are the legality issues with this, just curious
Different states have different laws.

IMHO I wouldnt do it. Its a civic fisrt of, you got a lot to lose if you get in a head on collision even with airbags. Im an EMT I have seen accidents where people took airbags out

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
legalities differ from state to state, check local laws

bustamove

car-less.
5+ Year Member
they arent really jdm are they... they come with 96-00 civic cx's? last i remember.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bustamove said:
they arent really jdm are they... they come with 96-00 civic cx's? last i remember.
maybe in canada.. but not all cx here.. i KNOW plenty of cx hatches that came stock with pas air bag...

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Indeed... stops SRS for everyone. I have a MOMO wheels and my SRS goes off, so my airbags are useless. I've been meaning to get one for my passenger side, but its not a priority right now for me.

I've been in 2 airbag accidents, and both times wish they hadnt gone off. Not a fan of airbags.

steviethekidd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hatch_Of_Doom said:
Indeed... stops SRS for everyone. I have a MOMO wheels and my SRS goes off, so my airbags are useless. I've been meaning to get one for my passenger side, but its not a priority right now for me.

I've been in 2 airbag accidents, and both times wish they hadnt gone off. Not a fan of airbags.
same here dude. twice. not fun.

Sm0ked0uTCiViC

Suck Ass Evil Pooper!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steviethekidd said:
same here dude. twice. not fun.

Same here!! My buddy rear ended a sunfire one time on the free way and they went off! f**ken burned the skin on my hands! plus that smoke isen't fun to breathe either!

Team Rukus

5+ Year Member
there is no such thing as a jdm airbag tray.
and if it was available it wouldnt fit any usdm car anyway but it still doesnt exist.
because the shape would be inverted to accomodate Right Hand Drive.

Air Bag block off trays are strictly a CDM piece (canadian domestic market).

you will have to remove the entire airbag in order for you to fit this piece in.

96ctr_90ls

5+ Year Member
bustamove said:
no they are not jdm they are cdm!!! cause jdm means they would be for the left side of the dash@@

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok guys...they are jdm most sites note that they will need modifying to fit your LHD car.

johno590

f**k thieves
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I never knew you had to take out the airbag... I always wanted one of these, but I'm not willing to take out my airbag.. bah.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think the block is nice..but the price is a little too much...haha...plus i want my airbag....

Team Rukus

5+ Year Member
FRODO said:
Ok guys...they are jdm most sites note that they will need modifying to fit your LHD car.
wow you must be a genius.

if its shaped for a rhd car the entire tray would be the exact shape but inverted and no amount of "modification" will make it actually look proper and it definately wont fit without cutting and fibreglassing the s**t out of it.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Team Rukus said:
wow you must be a genius.

if its shaped for a rhd car the entire tray would be the exact shape but inverted and no amount of "modification" will make it actually look proper and it definately wont fit without cutting and fibreglassing the s**t out of it.
wow you must be an asswhole :shock: :what:

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You know what you are totally right....i need to email AJRacing and tell them they are ripping there customers off...Get this they are selling JDM air bag trays for there LHD honda when they are really just CDM ones....man are trying to make a quick dollar..........:smackself: :roll: :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.